Litchi and Vision Position System

Reaction score
Still fairly new with a P3A and after about 10-12 flights I decided I wanted to test out the Litchi app, mainly for the Tracking feature not found in DJI Go. To my surprise I guess there's issues having Litchi and DJI Go exist on a Galaxy S5 even if one is forced closed and uses no ram. None the less I tested just playing and sure enough neither app will connect if the other exists. Anyway once I removed DJI Go all was fine and connected without issue...latest firmware used. I see in the Litchi's setting under "Aircraft" and option for "Vision Positioning System". It's off by default it would seem so I attempted to enable it. Didn't see anything on main screen to make me believe it was active so I returned to the setting and found it back to off...enabling it won't take. I searched for this and couldn't find anything. Anyone have an idea what I'm missing here?

I also noticed the Go app hand some tweaks for controller stick sensitivity and I did make some adjustments and it's been months so I no longer recall the exact terms I had adjusted. I do not find any such controls in Litchi. I suppose I could get newly accustomed to not having the tweaks I made to the Go app.

Lastly. Before I dare embark on a test flight how's everyone's experience been as far as reliability? I've seen a number of vids about Litchi lock ups and freezes, and a few bad crashes. Couple of those crashes I watched almost seemed like some contribution from operator error or panic.

Reactions: BarnettJr2
Litchi is extremely reliable. I've never seen a Litchi problem that wasn't caused by pilot error (usually not reading the manual or having only a shaky grasp of how it works).

Reactions: BarnettJr2
Right and that's what I figured. In one of the vids I watched he intentionally killed the motors in flight but seemed more like a panic attack to me and unless I'm about to do harm to a person or property damage that's a last resort. I'm pretty cautious and took my sweet time building up to distances and now it's like starting all over again.

Any idea about that "Vision Positioning System" switches odd behavior I noticed? That was primarily what I was after, and a little feedback of the app.

Actually tonight as I prepared for a litchi flight I noticed the visual positioning is not working in litchi you can turn the switch on in settings but when you return to settings it is off again however it is working correctly in DJI go I have both apps installed on my Nvidia Shield tablet

I believe VPS only works below 15ft, so unless you are flying indoors or very low outside and not over water you should leave it off.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Also, like in Go, the setting may not 'take' if you are not connected to the bird.

Was connected. It isn't working , at least not showing as enabled when returning to settings to check.

Actually tonight as I prepared for a litchi flight I noticed the visual positioning is not working in litchi you can turn the switch on in settings but when you return to settings it is off again however it is working correctly in DJI go I have both apps installed on my Nvidia Shield tablet
With both apps loaded on the same device, it is really important that you make sure that one app is really and completely shut down before you open the other. Litchi doesn't play nice with Go running in the background. Ther have been a lot of anomalies reported if both at trying to run and this could be one of them.

With both apps loaded on the same device, it is really important that you make sure that one app is really and completely shut down before you open the other. Litchi doesn't play nice with Go running in the background. Ther have been a lot of anomalies reported if both at trying to run and this could be one of them.
Oops, just reread you OP. Ignore my last post.

It does show enabled in DJI go

With the VPS enabled the P4 would not fly a programmed route. It would arrive at the first or second waypoint and then abandon the route and start climbing. I had to kill the program to stop the ascent. When I switched the VPS off the problem went away.

With the VPS enabled the P4 would not fly a programmed route. It would arrive at the first or second waypoint and then abandon the route and start climbing. I had to kill the program to stop the ascent. When I switched the VPS off the problem went away.
It's not related to VPS (vertical sensors ).
It's obstacle avoidance reacting to the sun and trying to avoid crashing into it.

I was flying downhill about 5' above my takeoff point but the ground was more than 50' lower than the AC. Is it the VPS that triggers the symbol that looks like an inverted Wi-Fi signal with a number next to it? This shows up to the right of the VS indicator. The number that kept showing up was about the same as my VHeight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31