Litchi and Android OS on PC

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an Android OS that will run the Litchi APP ( Not mission hub) on a PC laptop or desktop ?

Thanks

You could install the Android Emulator that Google supplies with the Android SDK. If you install Android Studio, it will install the SDK and emulators. If you want to just install the Android SDK without Android Studio, just Google the instructions. The instructions on this site appear to be accurate.

You might need to install the Google Play apps into the emulator image, I'm not sure if the emulator images come with that preinstalled. The Open GApps Project maintains sets of up to date Google packages that can be installed into emulators. Once you have the Google Play Store app running, you should be able to download Litchi using your Google credentials.

To get usable performance out of the emulator, you'll need to have a PC that supports virtualization at the BIOS level. And you should install HAXM. The Android SDK will give you the option of downloading HAXm, but it will not install it for you. You will need to do that step manually.

Reactions: drwar
anotherlab, I will give this a try, I have already tried two others, One "Andy" was too old an Android OS version and "BlueStacks" which actually worked somewhat but not without issues. Thanks for such detailed instructions

anotherlab, I will give this a try, I have already tried two others, One "Andy" was too old an Android OS version and "BlueStacks" which actually worked somewhat but not without issues. Thanks for such detailed instructions
I found BlueStacks to be very fragile and I wouldn't recommend using it. The advantage of using the Google Android emulators is that you can pick which version of Android to use and what screen size you want.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl