Litchi Altitude Hold

Reaction score
Hello

I did a small Litchi way-point mission last weekend that went kind of strange.

Mission started OK. Altitude was set at about 50 meters. About 2 mins into the mission, I saw my P3P start to jump up and down. Changing altitude from 1 to 2 meters more or less. This continued on about every 30 seconds of the mission. About half way though the mission I then get the dreaded "disconnected" message.

At this point I took manual control. Re started Litchi in FPV and flew another 10 mins with no further issues. (in FPV)

Mission was set using "interpolate" and "focus on POI"

I would appreciate it very much for any helpful comments on this issue.

I am running the newest Litchi version as to the date on this post.

Many thanks

Last edited:
This continued on about every 50 mins of the mission.
WOW!!! What kind of batteries do you have? Wish I could help bro. Never heard of one doing this on a mission. Have you checked, and rechecked every waypoint setting to see of altitude was changed?

Hello
sorry, i meant to say "this happened about every 30 seconds on the mission"

yes this is very strange!... funny thing is, it ONLY does this with Litchi WAY-POINT mode.

I did a mission just this morning and the very same thing happened again! Mission started just fine, and then about every 30 secs or so along the mission, the P3P would arc up about 2 meters, then settle back down.
Mission completed as set.. all fine except this sudden changes in altitude.

All altitudes were set the same on every way-point as well... Battery is the DJI P3P orignal Battery.

I also did a Litchi FPV, manual flying check and ALL was OK... Did flight check with the DJIgo app, and all was also fine.

So this happens ONLY in the Litchi way-point mode!!!

BEFORE the last Litchi update, I did NOT have this problem. It flew great! This problem ONLY started AFTER the last update .V3.8.0

Do you know where I can get the older version of the Litchi app?

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Using Litchi 3.7.0 flying at 50 meters. way-point mode

With VPS on, the P3P still did the rise and fall on the altitude every 20 seconds or so.

With VPS OFF, there was NO more problem with the altitude hold and flew the whole mission without problems!!!

WHY is this??? VPS at 50 meters should not effect the altitude.???

So something is wrong with the program I think.

Please, some well thought out feedback, please!!!

I will try again next week with 3.8.0 with VPS OFF and see how this works.

Hello rocketflyer

I have contacted them and they seemed really not interested.

The ONLY thing they could or would say was that my Samsung tab 4 was the problem!

I am sure now it is NOT the problem.

UPDATE:

It seems that Litchi way-point mode does NOT like the VPS system in the P3P.

With the VPS shut off, my last Litchi way-point mission flew well with NO uncommanded altitude changes.

So I can highly recommend that when using Litchi in general, shut off the VPS.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31