LiPo fireproof bags

Reaction score
I recently got one of these bags I started putting all my small battery in it. I was thinking
should I get more of these bags? one for my dji batterys,one for my yuneec ? Or am I getting
carry away ? So do you store your batteries in bags ? I read that the p4 and yuneec
batteries, sense they are encased they are probably safe. And the small ones are more
likely to get damage or catch fire. What do you think ?

Undamaged DJI batteries rarely catch on fire. I keep my batteries in my house, so I decided to store them in these Hobby Tiger fireproof bags (just in case).

Bags.jpg

Last edited:
I recently got one of these bags I started putting all my small battery in it. I was thinking
should I get more of these bags? one for my dji batterys,one for my yuneec ? Or am I getting
carry away ? So do you store your batteries in bags ? I read that the p4 and yuneec
batteries, sense they are encased they are probably safe. And the small ones are more
likely to get damage or catch fire. What do you think ?

No, I don't use the bags.

I don't leave then charging unattended either which is where most reported fires occur. Yes there are some from crashes, etc. but that is a common situation to be cautious.

Also, my local hobby store does not store the hundreds, if not dozens, they have on the shelf in bags.

I never charge them unattended.I was just curious what others are doing

I use individual bag for each battery during my flights. It gets easy to satisfy security guys in case they ask questions. I have been asked only once out of 7 flights.

I don't store my five batteries in bags, but I do make sure nothing can accidentally short out the contacts when stored. I also charge my batteries in a metal ammo box (which I purchased "used" at a local gun store for $9) to contain any fire that might occur. I might also add that even when charging within the ammo box, I never leave it unattended.

And when traveling on an airline, I simply place each battery (carry-on only) in a plastic sandwich bag to prevent anything from accidentally touching the contacts. The TSA and airlines have had no problem with that beyond swabbing each battery for explosive chemical residue.

Last edited:
I don't use anything and I don't charge them unattended. When you think of it, there must be millions of these type batteries in cell phones around just our USA alone and since the problems one phone company had a few months ago, I have heard of no other problems. I do think they are safe if used properly.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie