Lipo fire bags, good investment or not?

Personally I use one like that LiPo Safe Battery Guard Charging Protection Bag Explosion Proof 240X65X180mm New to put up to 3 batteries when travelling.
For single battery, I use this one LiPo Safe Battery Guard Charging Protection Bag Explosion Proof 185x75x60mm New, the packing material of the original DJI packing of battery nicely fit in it. This is for airplane travel where it is safe from shock and fire.
Finally I use at home ammo boxes to charge and store my batteries. I have put a fire detector in each which are wireless and connected to the fire detection system of my house.
Sure you will wake up in case of an issue but don't hit them or they will start a fire alarm test :oops:
View attachment 62432
Do you close the ammo box while charging? Can't close it completely with the cord coming out. But you can hook the bar under the clamp I suppose. Leave the lid slightly open but unable to pop completely open wide.
Besides, if a battery did blow up in a tightly closed ammo can, wouldn't that turn it into a bomb??
I've got some ammo cans & thought about winter storage of the batteries.

I have 2- 230mm x 300mm Fireproof bags.
For plane travel in an put 2-3 batteries in each.
Charging I could 2 at a time- but I usually just put 1 per bag while charging.
No idea how well they work as I've not had one blow up yet...
But I feel better having them in the bag. Especially if in the car or a hotel room.

Do you close the ammo box while charging? Can't close it completely with the cord coming out. But you can hook the bar under the clamp I suppose. Leave the lid slightly open but unable to pop completely open wide.
Besides, if a battery did blow up in a tightly closed ammo can, wouldn't that turn it into a bomb??
I've got some ammo cans & thought about winter storage of the batteries.
No, I don't close them, there is in any case the wire of the charger (was I too lazy to cut the box?). But as you said, they are air tight and I don't want to build pressure in them in any way.
Of coarse I don't put papers on top of them or other flammable material and turn them in direction of an open area.
Some others use a plastic bag full of sand and put them on top of their container. In case of fire the plastic would melt and the sand hold the fire (you cannot really stop a lithium fire but you can handle the fire of the plastic and other materials around the cells. I have never tried that.

Not a bad strategy with the sand. Bag melts, sand dumps on battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl