Battery storage. What is ok and what is not. Got proof?

Reaction score
So I searched for this first. I have seen something on it before... O well. So I have six battery's and depending on my flight I will use 2-6. I take my P3 everywhere just in case and if I get off work early I like to find a new spot to play. But I have been charging my battery's to 100 percent and keeping them there until I need them, sometimes a week if I never get to number 6. Am I really setting myself up for failure? I work with lithium battery's a lot and just charge as needed. Do I really need to keep them at 50-75 till 24 hours before flight?

I have several DJI devices and more batteries than I care to deal with. Each battery I've purchased or have received with a device at time of purchase has come with an Information Sheet. Basic info on the battery, charging information and specific details on how to care for the battery.

You should reference those and this will ensure you care for the batteries as suggested by the manufacture. I just received two new batteries back from DJI after sending a couple in for warranty.

Everyone will have different suggestions and opinions but at the end of the day all you care about is getting the most out of that $150 cell and if it goes bad that you can get it replaced free of charge.

Your batteries will last longer if you do not make a habit of storing them at 100% for long periods of time. In the DJI GO/Pilot app, there is a setting to choose how many days to wait before your batteries start auto discharging themselves down to a safe storage level (which takes about 2 days to complete). I have my batteries set to start discharging after 2 days. And, I usually don't fully charge them until the day before or the day when I fly.

Here's what DJI recommends you do with their batteries:
http://download.dji-innovations.com...igent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines_en.pdf

Your batteries will last longer if you do not make a habit of storing them at 100% for long periods of time. In the DJI GO/Pilot app, there is a setting to choose how many days to wait before your batteries start auto discharging themselves down to a safe storage level (which takes about 2 days to complete). I have my batteries set to start discharging after 2 days. And, I usually don't fully charge them until the day before or the day when I fly.

Here's what DJI recommends you do with their batteries:
http://download.dji-innovations.com...igent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines_en.pdf

This is true. They actually swell.

All a matter of preference-- I have mine set on 3 days to start discharging-- I may get out before then and my not. If they discharge down to 90 % I will try to recharge them before I fly--- If they have been sitting, I check them and see what the voltage is before I go out. 90 to 95 % I don't bother -- unless I know that I will be wanting to maximize video or photo time.

FYI don't go fly without fully charged batteries. Just went out with 1 full and 2 @ 50%. The full battery was flawless, the 2nd one's voltage reading kept bouncing between red and yellow on my main screen. I know it's not recommended to fly with a partially charged battery and since I was over water 99% of my flight (s) I brought her back home and packed it in.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers