LiPo Batteries

Reaction score
I have two brand new 4S 14.8V 2200mAh 20C batteries. Is there any way that I can use them in the Phantom?

I know the Phantom is designed for 11.1V batteries, but it would be great if I could use those 14.8V batteries in my Phantom.
:)

ChrisMohrSr said:
I have two brand new 4S 14.8V 2200mAh 20C batteries. Is there any way that I can use them in the Phantom?

I know the Phantom is designed for 11.1V batteries, but it would be great if I could use those 14.8V batteries in my Phantom.
I am sure, that in theory, this is quite possible. Unwrap the packaging, and rewire using just 3 cells.

HOWEVER, the potential short circuit current of these things is staggering.

Given that you've got this far in one bit, ;) ,just bite the bullet and shell out for a new 3S or two.

Seriously, don't try it outside a controlled environment.

discv said:
ChrisMohrSr said:

I am sure, that in theory, this is quite possible. Unwrap the packaging, and rewire using just 3 cells.

HOWEVER, the potential short circuit current of these things is staggering.

Given that you've got this far in one bit, ;) ,just bite the bullet and shell out for a new 3S or two.

Seriously, don't try it outside a controlled environment.

The next time I have suicidal thoughts I shall consider your creative but possibly very painful sugestion. :|

You don't have to be suicidal, just a strong desire to be permanently and hideously disfigured! :D

Or, you could build an 11.1v regulator with a slight chance of burning yourself with a soldering iron.

ChrisMohrSr said:

Your BEC and ESC's will fry is use 4S directly to them.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94