limited to 97 feet today

Reaction score
Haven't flown my P4P+ in a week. Today I powered it on, connected to wifi so it would load the satellite maps, then went to fly and then found at 97 feet that it popped up a warning that I had reached the maximum altitude. Checked settings, and max altitude was set to 120m. Changed it to 115m and saved, then tried again and again found altitude was limited to 97 feet.

P.S. I didn't manually "log out" and assumed I was still "logged in" to my DJI account to not have the 30m restriction. Don't see any warning/alert that I was "automatically" logged out or had to login again, and the same location was not limited in altitude one week ago...

When I powered up the AC today I got a notice about a new firmware release. I chose to Dismiss which I assumed would mean it was still running the same version/firmware as last time, but maybe something about the firmware being available changed something...

Since I'm down to 80% on the battery, decided to go to wifi again and allow it to update the firmware so it's updating now.

I think there may be an update that you will need to do to get rid of this. When I was on a site today I received a message about an update which I just clicked "wait" to install it. I was only getting video footage of an entrance to a property so I did not fly more than 20 feet agl so I do not know if I would have also been restricted. Maybe that is DJI's way of forcing the updates? Did you get an update message?

Sorry, just typed a reply as you were replying. Yes, I got a message regarding firmware and chose to dismiss thinking I would install tonight when done flying. Hopefully that will be the cause. Just finished updating the AC and will try again.

Sorry, just typed a reply as you were replying. Yes, I got a message regarding firmware and chose to dismiss thinking I would install tonight when done flying. Hopefully that will be the cause. Just finished updating the AC and will try again.
Let me know if that cures the limit so I will know if I need to do the update, Thanks.

Completed firmware update. Then when powered on with different battery, got prompted to connect with cable to update. So did that.
Then powered off and on again and got prompted that a new geo database needed to be downloaded. First couple tries failed as it was downloading at something like 60 B/s and then gave an error to check network. Third time it downloaded fine and now I'm able to fly over 97 feet again.

Haven't flown my P4P+ in a week. Today I powered it on, connected to wifi so it would load the satellite maps, then went to fly and then found at 97 feet that it popped up a warning that I had reached the maximum altitude. Checked settings, and max altitude was set to 120m. Changed it to 115m and saved, then tried again and again found altitude was limited to 97 feet.

since my last firmware update P3 P...i have the same issue....98 ft in altitude and 167 ft in distance no matter what i do on the settings...has anyone figured this out???

Vinc9951

Not sure, have not updated my P3S yet and only encountered this on my P4P+ today and thankfully it was solved by downloading and installing the new firmware and then going through the geo update.

Maybe try signing out and back into your dji account.

If that doesn't work, maybe try "forgetting" and reconnecting to wifi on your device... I'm not sure why the geo update failed to download the first two times and then finally worked but maybe there was something with the firmware update that was solved after reconnecting to wifi through settings.

Strange, I just did the update and went pretty straight forward. Changed out to new battery and did not receive any messages?

Hopefully the next update will go super smooth and it will all even out :)

Wasn't too bad to spend the afternoon applying updates in the sun since I got to fly at the end of the day :)

Reactions: Racer888
This same thing happened to me yesterday. I took off and right around 95 ft or so I was told I couldn't go any higher. It's really weird I've been flying for two years now and never experienced this issue.

Yes I updated the day after it was released. So I've flown a lot since the update with no issue at all. It seems like a lot of people are having similar issues.

Happened to me with my P3P the other day... landed and changed batteries, logged out of my DJI account, switched from my home wifi to my mifi cuz I was in my backyard and didn't have strong wifi to begin with... anyway, after all that, it worked normally, so I'm not sure which one did the trick...

since my last firmware update P3 P...i have the same issue....98 ft in altitude and 167 ft in distance no matter what i do on the settings...has anyone figured this out???

Vinc9951
I've had to log out and then log back in every time I've updated a piece of equipment... One of the beefs I have with DJI... Why do they insist on restricting flight whenever an update is available? Especially here in the west where we don't have WIFI around every corner..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor