Limited distance

When I turn on my transmitter I get two beeps, I fully maxed out (clockwise) the bottom pot on the back for range. Im not trying to fly vertically long distance but horizontally long range.At a height of 100 ft or so and a horizontal distance of 1000 to 1200 my wifi cuts out with no obstructions. I ordered the stage 2 antenna kit from fpvlr.com and I hope I can then fly out (not up) 3000 ft or better.

jasonb777 said:
When I turn on my transmitter I get two beeps, I fully maxed out (clockwise) the bottom pot on the back for range. Im not trying to fly vertically long distance but horizontally long range.At a height of 100 ft or so and a horizontal distance of 1000 to 1200 my wifi cuts out with no obstructions. I ordered the stage 2 antenna kit from fpvlr.com and I hope I can then fly out (not up) 3000 ft or better.

Thats what i also had in the first setup stock.
Then i bought the booster app doubling the range.

With my omni directional antenna mods and booster app i get now this.

First screen shot when i notice FPV is going to drop.

1600.jpg

I myself putted the bird on failsafe to initiate RTH.

1700.jpg

rth1700.jpg

On a different location i got ( estimated 2100m ) Note the n/a for the distance. I get that when the value is greater the 2000m.
Also FPV was ok on that distance but not that great and cutting out a lot. Also here i initiated myself the RTH.

2100.jpg

After posting this i see on top left of the picture 2120 and distance marked n/a.

I know you turned the mode on the TX and get two beeps when switching it on, but did you check in the assistant software that it actually is in FCC mode? Might be worth hooking it up and checking on there. I got 1.2km at 30m height over sea a week or so ago, bog standard V+, latest firmware. That's about 3,600 feet.

Do you have both of them set to FCC or CE mode?

Is that pot on the back like a volume knob? Could I get more range by tweaking that pot? I get two beeps and the software says FCC.

___ said:
Is that pot on the back like a volume knob? Could I get more range by tweaking that pot? I get two beeps and the software says FCC.

Then you're at max output for the standard aircraft. A few guys had two beeps by CE mode indicated in the assistant software (me included [I think]).

CBS

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik