Lightweight Backpack 14"tall x 9"-12" x 5"

Reaction score
Open for discussion. This is what i thought of when the drone goes in the larger luggage thats checked
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I prefer a bigger backpack to avoid unscrewing landing gear and gimbal.

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
That much huh... I wouldn't have bothered speaking about that crap either... lol. I want a hard shell for a carry on not a backpack that can get tromped on by a stewardess tossing luggage. Still though? why didn't you speak? lol :rolleyes:

I might like that idea actually for trekking in somewhere and need it very compact, otherwise I'd prefer a hard case, to protect my gear... even if inside another suitcase unless I would be afraid of damage. Your take on this looks pretty good, the one thing I'd like to see in a hard case regardless would be the gimbal, everything else looks like it was packed with dense foam pretty well... and the likelihood of damage to anything other than the gimbal would be slim. popping in the rubbers for the gimbal would be easy and I just use a zip tie rather than the security pins anyway. The one thing that would be nice would be some snap on landing gear.... good minimalist idea :)

Open for discussion. This is what i thought of when the drone goes in the larger luggage thats checked
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That backpack is a joke. What a hassle! However I do prefer a soft backpack for travel, I've used the Chinese Cheapy as well as the Think Tank. I've made 8 flights, always a breeze, no problems (mostly Southwest flights). I prefer a light backpack so I can hike and bike easily in the mountains, never had a problem with lack of protection. Soft backpacks are available within the 20X14X9" airline size limit. Hardcases can easily be rejected at the gate if they don't fit in that little size rack, most all of them are over the size limit, and because they are hard you can't squeeze them in the test rack. If they don't fit they will be rejected if tested. I thought Reed's "tromped on" comment was a bit "out there", I've never seen a stewardess carelessly toss an overhead bag around, they are well aware that if they touch anything in the overhead that the owner could be watching them. They are trained to ask who the owner of a bag is if they need to move it. If they can't find the owner they rarely move it to another bin, only maybe slide it sideways. A bit over the top Reed.

I thought Reed's "tromped on" comment was a bit "out there", I've never seen a stewardess carelessly toss an overhead bag around, they are well aware that if they touch anything in the overhead that the owner could be watching them. They are trained to ask who the owner of a bag is if they need to move it. If they can't find the owner they rarely move it to another bin, only maybe slide it sideways. A bit over the top Reed.
Personally I don't want them touching mine or putting anything else in with it being that it's in a soft case. I have seen them doing their best to stuff the overhead totally full more then once on a packed plane with too many carry on's. I mean full to the point that she is trying to get the door to lock closed by having help pushing on it... It really depends on the stewardess and how her day is going. I've been on flights in bad turbulence where the stewardess is sitting on the floor in the back puking into a bag and people were getting sick everywhere... lol, and she's trying to talk with a smile on her face and a barf bag in her hand. No not funny then and a bit off topic but it's one of those old bad flight memories. Maybe things have changed since I flew last because it has been since 2000 when I flew last on South West from Sacramento to San Diego and we ended up with no place for carry ons up top. I watched that pissed off stewardess doing her best to stuff the top console after being ragged on by a passenger with too many bags. It happens, yes it's ridiculous but being that they don't know what you have in there when the next bag gets stuffed in... Or someone with a family brings maxed out samsonite carry on's, it does happen. I always take one, it goes under my seat but for an extended stay, the hard shell goes above me. I've been asked to put the hard shell under the seat to help make room but only once. I used to fly a lot but thankfully those days are over.

That backpack is a joke. What a hassle! However I do prefer a soft backpack for travel, I've used the Chinese Cheapy as well as the Think Tank. I've made 8 flights, always a breeze, no problems (mostly Southwest flights). I prefer a light backpack so I can hike and bike easily in the mountains, never had a problem with lack of protection. Soft backpacks are available within the 20X14X9" airline size limit. Hardcases can easily be rejected at the gate if they don't fit in that little size rack, most all of them are over the size limit, and because they are hard you can't squeeze them in the test rack. If they don't fit they will be rejected if tested. I thought Reed's "tromped on" comment was a bit "out there", I've never seen a stewardess carelessly toss an overhead bag around, they are well aware that if they touch anything in the overhead that the owner could be watching them. They are trained to ask who the owner of a bag is if they need to move it. If they can't find the owner they rarely move it to another bin, only maybe slide it sideways. A bit over the top Reed.
Why would a thinking man reply to such negativity.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.