Lightbridge technical question

Reaction score
So, I understand that it's using 2.4, channels 1-14.. I think it centers on 1,6 and 11.. .or is it using all of them for this to work?

How can "this" 2.4 go 1 mile out and the 2.4 in my house, even in open air if I take it outside, cannot manage this?

Is there a whitepaper or something on this somewhere?

So, I understand that it's using 2.4, channels 1-14.. I think it centers on 1,6 and 11.. .or is it using all of them for this to work?

How can "this" 2.4 go 1 mile out and the 2.4 in my house, even in open air if I take it outside, cannot manage this?

Both the Phantom 3 and inspire had their for!erly 32 channels reduced to 8. Channels 13 through 20 are what are available. If you want to go long range from inside your home or car you need to modify the radio co trol to except externally mounted antennas. You can also add a Sunhans 1 watt MIMO amp or a pair of Sunhans 2.5 or 3 watt amps. If you use the 2.4 ghz amps you shpuld alsp buy a pair of 4 or 6 dbi attenuators to regulate the signal going into them. Between higher gain external antennas and the amps you should be able to go far and wide..

How does "Lightbridge" work 2000+ meters away on 2.4 in the clear open while typical 2.4 1-14 can only work a couple hundred yards in the clear open? What is unique about "lightbridge's" implementation of 2.4 to allow this.

Due to the proprietary nature some info will never be released but you can look around here and learn more about the RF side of things...
https://fccid.io/SS3

Lightbridge is a MIMO based OFDM not that dissimilar to your Wi-Fi router. There are important differences:
  • Line of site - Your house is full of obstacles that absorb Wi-Fi signals.
  • Multipath - Your house is also full of obstacles that reflect Wi-Fi signals causing noisy echos.
  • Elevation - By flying up in the air, you get a cleaner parabolic shape for the signal to travel over. Standing a quarter mile from your home, you're on the ground and your router is probably not far from the ground too. No parabola.
  • TCP vs. UDP - Lightbridge doesn't use UDP but the idea is similar. It send a lot of packets. Some get there, some don't. As long as enough get there, it's fine. Meanwhile, at home, you usually need all the packets to get there.

Reactions: SnoozeDoggyDog
Lightbridge is a MIMO based OFDM not that dissimilar to your Wi-Fi router. There are important differences:
  • Line of site - Your house is full of obstacles that absorb Wi-Fi signals.
  • Multipath - Your house is also full of obstacles that reflect Wi-Fi signals causing noisy echos.
  • Elevation - By flying up in the air, you get a cleaner parabolic shape for the signal to travel over. Standing a quarter mile from your home, you're on the ground and your router is probably not far from the ground too. No parabola.
  • TCP vs. UDP - Lightbridge doesn't use UDP but the idea is similar. It send a lot of packets. Some get there, some don't. As long as enough get there, it's fine. Meanwhile, at home, you usually need all the packets to get there.

EXACTLY what I was looking for. thanks@!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31