LIDAR

Reaction score
Long story short, I turned a used phantom 3 into a very successful aerial photography business. I've since updated all my equipment, computers... None of that is relative right now. What is important is I have a good cash flow every month from real estate and commercial shoots, and have an opportunity to "spread my wings" a bit into some new areas. I have been asked about providing LIDAR services to a large company that has multiple water treatment facilities throughout my state. They need several areas mapped using lidar for storm runoff, and some other similar projects. I could use this in a variety of different areas and business opportunities once I make the leap.
My question, preferably for anyone who is currently using LIDAR, is where to start as far as platform and camera system. I've tried to read and research, but it's one of those things where it seems like you just need experience to know a difference and know which way to go.
Is it possible to use lidar on a P4P or other P4 based platform, or is it a must to jump up to matrice series. I don't mind making the jump, but I am more comfortable flying a P4 than learning a whole new drone.

For what I plan on doing, which is filming ditches/water runoff, dirt roads for county road departments, fields/crops, and hopefully some hunt clubs to show the lay of their land, which platform and camera system would work? I'm not doing ultra-precise surveying or industrial applications, just giving people an idea of how water flows, and a layout of plots of land. I don't need top of the line gear, but I want it to get the job done correctly.

Any insight from anyone with this experience would be great. Thank you for your help.

You might get more response asking this over on:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31