Licensing for personal use?

Reaction score
Couple of questions here. When I purchased my drone Phantom 4 v2.0 I acquired the (Small UAS Certificate of Registration) in October 2018. Then a friend forwarded a notice from Feb 2019 to me. I went online and seen several options. Can someone clear this for me without having to call FAA?
Thanks in advance....Mike

Can you please be more specific on what you're asking? What notice did your friend send you? What options are you talking about?

If you are flying for recreational use and you already registered at DroneZone under Section 336 then you are all set and don't need to do anything else.

That's a start sec 336 I'll read into it. I'm just flying for personal use only and I'm aware of conditions of use. Thank you

Just register the drone on FAA website, $5 for recreational use under 336. Print registration number, then make sure to put number on drone.

Have to put number on the outside of the drone now... not inside battery compartment. That is one of the things they changed in Feb 2019.

Thanks for the info a fellow friend made things a bit confusing he wasn't sure of the facts.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20