Lets all Protest the 24/7 NFZ around sports stadiums !

Reaction score
I also posted this on Facebooks Phantom users group and the General discussion on this forum.
I want to be sure everyone sees it and does something.

We ALL need to write to DJI and complain about the 24 hour, 7 days week No Fly Zones they have now implemented around all sports stadiums.

I understand why they did it. And am in favor of safeguards around major public events. There are idiots out there. But I am not one of them. I shouldn't be punished All Day, Every day for the few idiots.
The FCC law in the USA has a Temporary Flight Restriction around a major sports arena with 30,000 attendance or more from 1 HOUR before a game to 1 HOUR after it ends.

Making it so we cannot fly some 3,000' radius around all stadiums ALL the time is overkill and not necessary at all.
Lets use our collective power as customers to Complain - LOUDLY AND REPEATEDLY until the listen.

Apps like Hover can get the info from the FCC about game days & events to show when a Temporary NFZ is in place, then DJI can as well.
We just need to motivate them. Soon there will be so many NFZs it will not be worth it to even fly..

There is no reason on earth that I shouldn't be able to shoot skylines of my city at DAWN on any day of the week, let alone game days.
I know this affects many of you.
Let your voices be heard.
Lets not just ***** & moan. Do something.

Jeff Ellis
Chicago

I expect they are working on it - the software already has the ability for the NFZs to have start and end times, so they're probably on the case but haven't finished the job yet. It's not easy to build a database of major public events.

Meanwhile, check my site www.uavforecast.com for an up-to-date map of NFZs and TFRs!

I expect they are working on it - the software already has the ability for the NFZs to have start and end times, so they're probably on the case but haven't finished the job yet. It's not easy to build a database of major public events.

Meanwhile, check my site www.uavforecast.com for an up-to-date map of NFZs and TFRs!
Hope you are correct. That would be excellent.
Checked your site. Very cool & useful! Thx for the effort. Ill definitely make use of it.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. DJI could incorporate that same data you have for the TFR's instead of 24hour/ 365 days a year restrictions on non airport areas that need TEMPORARY restrictions.

Last edited:
Reactions: CloudsNeverDie
Agreed.

I have to downgrade so I can fly in a certain location. I obey the NFZ during sporting events, but it should not be restricted outside those times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20