Lens replacement on Vision+

pault said:
My heart dropped at the beginning of video 4 when I saw that huge pile of parts on his desk :)

The mobile youtube I am using does not show the date he posted #4 - anyone know when it was ?
Updates 2, 3 and 4 were all posted in the neighborhood of 12-14 hours ago, and I'd guess that there will be further updates soon. The guy is doing a nice job of letting us follow along in real time. As he learns, we learn too.

Bigbells said:
pault said:
My heart dropped at the beginning of video 4 when I saw that huge pile of parts on his desk :)

The mobile youtube I am using does not show the date he posted #4 - anyone know when it was ?
Updates 2, 3 and 4 were all posted in the neighborhood of 12-14 hours ago, and I'd guess that there will be further updates soon. The guy is doing a nice job of letting us follow along in real time. As he learns, we learn too.
Thanks - hopefully tomorrow will bring part 5. Just hope he has put that eopxy in the right place as there is no way back !

Hello everyone! this is Milton, thank you for your support on this journey, good news! i got it working and the image looks goooood! I will try to get more decent footage and compare videos side by side this weekend,.

Thank you all.
Milton Amaya

Milton Amaya said:
Hello everyone! this is Milton, thank you for your support on this journey, good news! i got it working and the image looks goooood! I will try to get more decent footage and compare videos side by side this weekend,.

Thank you all.
Milton Amaya

Awesome job bud! I've been watching your videos with great interest. Eliminating the fisheye is very desirable. Did you start on that before you ever flew it?

Yes!, but i will be able to installed the old fish eye lens, i mark the focal point on the 5.4 mm lens with nail polish so it will be easy to place it back the down side is there is no room for my fingers so i am thinking how to build a tool that will help me to get the lens in and out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 442
I got it! I made a tinny plunger out of the lens cap, the lens cap fits very tied so it should work..

I still have the DJI lens cap for protecting the lens.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 436
That's an amazing mod, Milton. You seemed to have no doubts you could do it, even when you ran into unexpected difficulties. Very impressive!

Milton Amaya said:

Thank you all.
Milton Amaya

I too have been following your videos concerning the mod closely. I appreciate all the time and effort you have been putting into this. As a tinkerer myself, I know firsthand the frustration and satisfaction that comes along with projects like these!

Milton Amaya said:
I got it! I made a tinny plunger out of the lens cap, the lens cap fits very tied so it should work..

I still have the DJI lens cap for protecting the lens.
Brilliant! I would have opted for a small zip-tie around the exposed part of the lens to and resigned myself to leave it in place for the sake of laziness, but your mod is much more elegant!

Thank you so much for the videos; it looks like a great mod. Looking forward to seeing still images when you have the time to get shooting (saw the video and it looks good).

Thanks also from me Milton for all the time taken to film this mod .

Some of us are very keen to see exactly how good the new camera is and particularly your lens change. If you have the time could you post a crop of the center of a DNG photo without any processing please so we can see how much noise there is in the image and sharpness etc ? (or even a full DNG if you can find some place to upload it to). Do not have to be flying - just some good light would be nice.

You say you have a gopro - which one and what are your feelings as regards comparison to the V+

Keep up the good work and thanks again :)

All the best
Paul

Consolideding and making new video in to one, sorry i had to pull all videos out.

Milton, nice Mod. I would offer one change or word of caution. Find another way of protecting the sensor array other than tape.
The glue on the tape is acid based, thats how it works, leaving it for an extended time will damage it. But most of all tape is a static generator. By removing the tape, you have the potential of inducing thousands of volts of static discharge to your sensor array and the pc board its attached to. This may cause whats called a latent defect which may show up at a later time in some form.

Keep up the good work.

Looks very interesting :)
I want to make some aerial pictures but I don't like the fisheye.
I had it on the phantom vision also and with lens correction some photos look warped after the lens correction.
So I think this is a very good option...

Milton Amaya said:
Custom Service for your DJI Phantom 2 Vision +
5.4mm Flat Lens Upgrade

Pre-order the lens and paid the service in advance! one week lead time for parts and one week lead time to delivered modified camera to you after receiving camera.
You are priced higher than Ragecams.com - and they bricked my camera with no guarantee. Post some pictures please.
Thanks

Perhaps I missed it in this thread, but i wasn't able to find an answer to the earlier question about this mod actually downgrading a 14MP to 10MP lens... Does this lens eliminate the fish eye effect at the expense of reducing MP? Please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject matter...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl