Legal Fees for Section 333 Exemption Petition

Reaction score
I am looking to hire a law firm to assist with a Section 333 exemption. Does anyone have an idea of how much I would be looking at for preparation of the Section 333 Petition from start to finish? Are lawyers charging hourly on this or flat fee (or perhaps so mix of both)? Also, are there alternative services/companies that will prepare and file the petition? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The cost I have seen most frequently quoted is $1,500. But I have seen things here and there way cheaper. That, or do what I'm doing. Wait. You can go through all that trouble to get 333, THEN you still will have to get a pilot's license (Or hire someone to fly who has it) to do anything. But the rules are set to change very soon. I have heard June, but who knows. Best to check FAA site and see if there are any updates. But in the PROPOSED rules they are considering, you don't need 333 or pilot's license to go into business.

If you are not in a hurry, it may be in your best interest to wait until new commercial flying rules are released (hopefully soon). Otherwise like Gary mentioned, the operator must have a minimum of a sport pilots license to go along with a #333 exemption to fly for money.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers