Left skid getting in camera view now & then

Reaction score
Made my 5th flight today, enjoying each one more than the last.

I notice when I rotate the Phantom 2 about it's vertical axis with the left stick, the gimbal rotates the camera in the same direction a little. Why is this needed? Is it normal?

I noticed that my left skid occasionally appears in the view, and so does the right forward engine pod and blade.

Welcome to the party Gyro,

There is a google link in my signature which may help you find folks with similar problems, and a solution.

More information gets you better replies. Which gimbal do you have and what else can you tell us? A picture is worth a thousand words. Just imagine how many words a 45 second video is worth.

Enjoy the show.

Welcome to the party Gyro,

There is a google link in my signature which may help you find folks with similar problems, and a solution.

More information gets you better replies. Which gimbal do you have and what else can you tell us? A picture is worth a thousand words. Just imagine how many words a 45 second video is worth.

Enjoy the show.
Thank you for the reply. Looks like I posted in the wrong place. GoPro studio isn't compatible with 2 of my 3 computers. I have to set up the newest one and get the studio downloaded, then I can post my video. Right now I have an unedited 1.2 gig video, so I need to edit it down. None of my other video software will open an .MP4

More info again, please...

PC, MAC, LINUX?????

TRS 80? :D

More info again, please...

PC, MAC, LINUX?????

TRS 80? :D

I have a HP PC with Vista. GoPro says 7&8 only for studio. Bought my wife a PC and she never used it. might fire it up soon. I think it has Windows 7.

Good luck finding something to work with Vista and GoPro. There's a good google link in my signature. Firing up that new machine might be a good idea.

Good luck.

Reactions: Gyroplanes
Made my 5th flight today, enjoying each one more than the last.

I notice when I rotate the Phantom 2 about it's vertical axis with the left stick, the gimbal rotates the camera in the same direction a little. Why is this needed? Is it normal?

I noticed that my left skid occasionally appears in the view, and so does the right forward engine pod and blade.
Set the gopro to shoot narrow and that goes away.

Reactions: Gyroplanes
Set the gopro to shoot narrow and that goes away.
I have a HERO 3 white. I believe I am stuck with wide angle. GoPro says "remove the effect after, with Studio", and studio won't play nice with my current computers

I have a HERO 3 white. I believe I am stuck with wide angle. GoPro says "remove the effect after, with Studio", and studio won't play nice with my current computers
Sounds like its time to spend some money then. Either new computer or new gopro. Used Hero 3+ silver and blacks can usually be found on craigslist for under $250.

You could also swap out your current gopro lens with a 5.4mm lens for about $100 or so if you do the swap yourself. But again, that involves spending money.

Can't you just limit the throw range of the servos in the gimbal so that the blades and or landing gear won't be captured as the gimbal self adjusts?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj