Laptop display

Reaction score
Greetings!

Looking to move to an FPV setup, and was wondering if it is possible to use a laptop to display the FPV image.

Not really familiar will all the technicalities of FPV, but if anyone could suggest a way to go about it I'd be grateful.

Best Regards and happy landings!

Just buy an usb composite stick.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 623
Sure, just get a video capture device and then hook the video receiver up to it. I do this with my MacBook if I want a larger display or want to record the FPV feed.

Gadget_139 said:
Greetings!

Looking to move to an FPV setup, and was wondering if it is possible to use a laptop to display the FPV image.

Not really familiar will all the technicalities of FPV, but if anyone could suggest a way to go about it I'd be grateful.

Best Regards and happy landings!

my post assumes you have a P2 non-vision with gopro. if not, disregard.

basically what you're doing is creating yourself a little TV station. You'll have to add a video transmitter to your Phantom (pretty much everyone uses 5.8Ghz these days) and hook it into the video feed coming from your gopro.

Now that the Phantom is transmitting, you have to be able to receive somehow. One route is to get a display or goggles with 5.8Ghz receiver built in... like this Black Pearl people keep talking about or the Boscam RX-LCD5802. You could also go with goggles if you prefer but they're way more expensive.

the other route is to get a transmitter/receiver combo. the receiver will receive the signal and give you a standard video output, which you could then plug into any device with a compatible video input.
you follow? it's the difference between receiving the 5.8Ghz broadcast directly to a display, or receiving it to standard video plug and using any display you want. In the latter example, your laptop would have to have some sort of video input device like someone previously linked.

laptops don't tend to work well outdoors and there's also power concerns. little LCD receivers like the BP or Boscam are designed for this purpose, generally have bright screens and sunlight shields, and take less power. I sometimes power my LCD-5802 via a solar charger I have, there's no way it could power my laptop.

basically to get the signal to a laptop you're jumping through a bunch of extra hoops that in the end imo aren't worth it. get a nice little LCD receiver, a mounting bracket to mount it to your RC and just do it that way.

there's a recent thread running here you might find helpful

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20