Lake Tahoe Drought Leads to Dry Stacking

Reaction score
Doesn't look good for boating this year at Lake Tahoe. However, it makes for another interesting tourism pastime....
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cool !! When the water does come up the fish gonna love that but them boaters gonna have a fit when they tear up the bottom end of them outboards' ! :eek:
Thanks for sharing :)

Nice shooting Jesse,
I think someone should contact the feds and mention the hazards to navigation which are being created there. Maybe for the boaters too.
The different viewing angles really did good for your video.
Good job navigating through the towers.

I'm curious how your flight times are when you're in Reno verses lower elevations. Are there noticeable increases as you head down the mountain?

Thanks

Nice shooting Jesse,
I think someone should contact the feds and mention the hazards to navigation which are being created there. Maybe for the boaters too.
The different viewing angles really did good for your video.
Good job navigating through the towers.

I'm curious how your flight times are when you're in Reno verses lower elevations. Are there noticeable increases as you head down the mountain?

Thanks

Having a blast with the Phantom! This was only my 5th or 6th flight. During the Tahoe footage I pushed my battery right down to the wire <1min and just as I was about to grab it and shut down, it went into auto-return home mode!!!! Holy-crap what's going on, where's it going??? I forgot that I had preformed the compass calibration in the parking lot and it went about 100yrd back to were I had parked. It was a pretty windy day >10mph, so I'm not sure if it was the altitude or the wind, but there did seem to be a significantly shorter flight time.
-Jesse

If it does that again just put the S1 back to the middle into ATTI and bring it on to ya .
Ya really doing very well bro ;)

Hey Jesse, I forgot to mention this before...
WELCOME TO THE PARTY

So, let me see if I got this straight. You're down to the wire and about to grab

the gear and it splits on you, to go home? That doesn't sound like too much

fun.

Wish I was there to see the look on your face though. LOL

If you've got a P2, you shouldn't fly over the lake.

P2's are dropping like flies these days.

What are you flying?

blank stare.png
ahaaa..if ya had watched his other's ya see he has a P2V+ o_O

If it does that again just put the S1 back to the middle into ATTI and bring it on to ya .
Ya really doing very well bro ;)

Yep, as it was buzzing away from me I panicked and forgot which switch to regain control. Turned the main controller switch On/Off, nothing happened. Then remembered the S1 would do it! Unfortunately, one downfall of turning the controller switch Off during flight had caused me to lose my last "beach shots" video. The file ended up corrupted. Major Bummer :( It was a good learning experience.

Arrg, me be sleepie

Hey Jesse,

I've heard folks say if the file is corrupted, they put the card back in the bird and turn it on and shut it down properly. Supposedly it will fix some of what typically happens due to impact or battery disconnect. You were saying your battery got low.

New batteries shouldn't be drained as much as you can drain them.
Check my signature for a link and then head over to the lipo charging page and check out the "tons of battery info" button.

Maybe you can find something useful there. We're part of the few who fly at a mile or more above sea level. Hang around and share what you learn.

Here's a great search tool for use within our forum:
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Hey Jesse,

I've heard folks say if the file is corrupted, they put the card back in the bird and turn it on and shut it down properly. Supposedly it will fix some of what typically happens due to impact or battery disconnect. You were saying your battery got low.

New batteries shouldn't be drained as much as you can drain them.
Check my signature for a link and then head over to the lipo charging page and check out the "tons of battery info" button.

Maybe you can find something useful there. We're part of the few who fly at a mile or more above sea level. Hang around and share what you learn.

Here's a great search tool for use within our forum:
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Thanks for the Info. That's why I joined, looks like there a lot of good "trial and error" experience in this group of Phantom Pilots. Thanks again for the Warm Welcome :) Look forward to posting some of my other ideas/projects soon. Have a good one. Got to get to bed, I'm addicted!

Reactions: mad in nc
It's a bad addiction. Thanks for the vid.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic