Lake reflections at sunset

ianzone

**P4**
Joined
May 22, 2016
Messages
7,208
Reaction score
4,876
Age
52
Location
NZ
Enjoyed that,awsome reflections alright,the fish jumping out of water was good catch also
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pygar70
Joined
May 1, 2017
Messages
3,616
Reaction score
2,933
Age
68
Location
N.central wv. U.S.
Wow, I didn't know Australia had lakes. Lol. I thought it was mostly Is semi arid place that was on fire most of the time.
The video was nice and peaceful. I like the old bridge shots. Are there normal fish there or do they have pouches also? Lol. There has to be something different about them, it's Australia.
 
Joined
Oct 24, 2020
Messages
154
Reaction score
187
Age
51
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Wow, I didn't know Australia had lakes. Lol. I thought it was mostly Is semi arid place that was on fire most of the time.
The video was nice and peaceful. I like the old bridge shots. Are there normal fish there or do they have pouches also? Lol. There has to be something different about them, it's Australia.
Yes, Australia must have seemed like a very strange country to the early European settlers/convicts. For a start, our swans are black! You may also have noticed that despite it being winter here (we do get winters in the south), all our trees still have their leaves. None of our native trees are deciduous.

You're pretty much correct about Australia being arid and on fire most of the time. In fact, 70% of our land mass is considered arid or semi-arid. But that still leaves 30% (where most of us reside) - on a continent the size of mainland United States.

Glad you liked the video.
 
Joined
Apr 30, 2016
Messages
231
Reaction score
219
Age
64
Location
Durham United Kingdom
Thanks for sharing great video ?
 
Joined
May 21, 2021
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Age
56
Was flying at this lake north of Melbourne last week and got lucky with the conditions... some gorgeous reflections.
I recommend watching the 4K stream. It looks better - even without a UHD screen.

Yes, is always great. This rainy and cloudy weather is the best in Bulgaria as well though double light correction would be great as well like annex. +je
 

Attachments

  • 2DA0A7D6-BA8B-41EA-823B-FFA22B579506.jpeg
    2DA0A7D6-BA8B-41EA-823B-FFA22B579506.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 34
Joined
Jun 2, 2019
Messages
68
Reaction score
35
Gorgeous, nice work. What settings do you like to use for sun set shooting? Looks like you have perfect ones.
 
Joined
Oct 24, 2020
Messages
154
Reaction score
187
Age
51
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Gorgeous, nice work. What settings do you like to use for sun set shooting? Looks like you have perfect ones.
Thank you. Everything auto, but film in D-Cinelike and grade to get what I need. Blowing out the sky is always a risk (less so over water), but it mostly seems to work.
 
Joined
Jun 2, 2019
Messages
68
Reaction score
35
Really, all Auto! I'm surprised and encouraged to hear that. I always shoot Manual having not been trusting of Auto. Hmmm...I'll give Auto more of a look and try it more. Thanks for the info.
 
Joined
Jan 4, 2017
Messages
213
Reaction score
130
Location
Australia
Really nice bit of work there Pygar. Really like the feed in channel to the lake.
is this a good time to mention the fish are really aggressive and was probably trying to take down your drone :tonguewink:
 

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
141,159
Messages
1,453,651
Members
102,980
Latest member
DK621