Lake Oswego Oregon via Phantom 4

Looks good. Never have seen that area before. I live in Gresham and film Gresham stuff. Nice lake scene. Upper class neighborhood.

Great visuals and smooth flying. Could the music be changed to better fit the video?

Yeah, cool spot fo shizzle. Music? Add some cuts in time to the music. Speed up and slow down your vid to follow the mood of the music. Naw, that would be waaay too much work - unless your being paid or have a lot of free time. Sometimes you're better served just getting out there fo another adventure.

Great visuals and smooth flying. Could the music be changed to better fit the video?

I'm actually struggling to find a good source for music. I'm trying to use royalty free stuff from iTunes but I'd love some other sources. Any suggestions?

Can't speak to the music... that's not really my area of expertise. From a viewing perspective, the colors are pretty flat due to the day you chose to fly... lots of cloud cover, no real strong sunshine. When I opened it on YouTube and watched some of the realtor videos for the same area, they were much richer in color and appeared to be flown on days that were mostly cloud-free. Realize that takes some planning and may present logistic issues if you're traveling through the area... but if you live there, I'd wait for better weather.

Most of your flying was in a level straight line across the water or up/down with slow forward or backward movement. Would recommend trying different maneuvers to see whether they add to the way the viewer perceives the subject matter of the video... an example of one you did that I liked is the sweeping right turn while panning that begins at the 2:38 mark. The panning action lasted a little too long and I started to feel a little dizzy because of the speed, but that was still a creative way to bring more interest into view.

From a composition standpoint, it seemed several scenes began with a bridge as the focal point... I could understand if it were the Golden Gate, but it's just a little two-lane road crossing a narrow spot in the lake. It also seemed as though the water stayed in the focal area of the video for much of the time. Other than the use of the water as a reflector (where it was especially glassy), it doesn't really give the viewer much to look at. The houses along the shore, the trees and other foliage... that's what I found my eye being drawn to. If you're going for a dynamic representation of the environment around the lake, I'd be looking for boats or PWC to shoot... all I saw was an occasional car or truck driving through the scene. A nice sunrise or sunset reveal, and depending on the altitude restrictions of the area, a higher view straight down on the area might have been cool to see... Lots of options... again, depends on what you're going for.

Don't take the above as criticism... just critique. Others may have different opinions, so just consider them worth what you paid... :)

Look forward to seeing more videos...

Can't speak to the music... that's not really my area of expertise. From a viewing perspective, the colors are pretty flat due to the day you chose to fly... lots of cloud cover, no real strong sunshine. When I opened it on YouTube and watched some of the realtor videos for the same area, they were much richer in color and appeared to be flown on days that were mostly cloud-free. Realize that takes some planning and may present logistic issues if you're traveling through the area... but if you live there, I'd wait for better weather.

Most of your flying was in a level straight line across the water or up/down with slow forward or backward movement. Would recommend trying different maneuvers to see whether they add to the way the viewer perceives the subject matter of the video... an example of one you did that I liked is the sweeping right turn while panning that begins at the 2:38 mark. The panning action lasted a little too long and I started to feel a little dizzy because of the speed, but that was still a creative way to bring more interest into view.

From a composition standpoint, it seemed several scenes began with a bridge as the focal point... I could understand if it were the Golden Gate, but it's just a little two-lane road crossing a narrow spot in the lake. It also seemed as though the water stayed in the focal area of the video for much of the time. Other than the use of the water as a reflector (where it was especially glassy), it doesn't really give the viewer much to look at. The houses along the shore, the trees and other foliage... that's what I found my eye being drawn to. If you're going for a dynamic representation of the environment around the lake, I'd be looking for boats or PWC to shoot... all I saw was an occasional car or truck driving through the scene. A nice sunrise or sunset reveal, and depending on the altitude restrictions of the area, a higher view straight down on the area might have been cool to see... Lots of options... again, depends on what you're going for.

Don't take the above as criticism... just critique. Others may have different opinions, so just consider them worth what you paid... :)

Look forward to seeing more videos...

Thank you very much for your help and taking the time to give it a good look. I understand everything you pointed out and will keep these things in mind. The weather here hasn't been easy. Either it's cloudy or hazy sun. Actual clear days have been rare indeed.

Thank you very much for your help and taking the time to give it a good look. I understand everything you pointed out and will keep these things in mind. The weather here hasn't been easy. Either it's cloudy or hazy sun. Actual clear days have been rare indeed.

I live on the Gulf Coast and have never had the chance to travel to the Pacific Northwest... but I've heard the weather can be like that. Best of luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj