Kudos to DJI.

Reaction score
Well, my worst fear happened today. It was my seventh flight. I had small trees in front of me on the bank of the Rappahannock River with my bird out about 900 feet. My video started breaking up, so I knew it was time to head back. I turned the bird around just as the DPI Go 4 flashed that comms was down. It came back up for a few seconds, as I started to worry. Comms then went down for a second time and I panicked, looking for an opening in the trees to re-connect. I slipped on a rock with moss on it and slid down a muddy dirt hill about four feet into the water. By the time I was back on my feet (mere seconds), the screen said the bird was returning home, I started to worry thinking about where I launched it. I launched it in 20 feet of clearance between tall trees and power lines. Luckily I specifically set the home point at an altitude of 50 meters. I hurriedly went to the launch point waiting for it to return, and two minutes later, it was above me. I cancelled RTH and landed it myself. The bird was safe, but the emergency room doctor said I broke my ankle. So I guess I won't be flying for the next six weeks or so until the cast comes off. To the subject of this email - The P4P is an amazing bird. Kudos to DJI for building this fail-safe into the software. It worked flawlessly and for that, I'm truly thankful... :)

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your ankle, rest em up, you'll be back in the air in no time. Glad your bird arrived home safe.

Reactions: jdharrin
I always fly sitting down. Enjoy the rest whilst you can soon you will be able to look back on it and laugh. Then again if you want to stay indoors there is always the simulator. Mmmm! Hard choice, simulator inside, drone and a seat outside. You know what you must do

Kudos to you for getting up with a broken ankle for the sake of the bird [emoji4] if you can't make it outside... Then grab a few beers, watch racing drone league and enjoy [emoji4]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20