"Kill" switch on the Phantom?

Reaction score
If your flying your Phamtom and find that you cannot control it for some reason and your "return to home" feature isn't working, is there a way to stop flight before it may fly off to a potential unsafe area to fly. I realize this would just be a last resort and your Phamtom would probably be destroyed, but that would be better than damaging someone else's property. I assume the answer is no, but I'm not certain.

Brown412 said:
If your flying your Phamtom and find that you cannot control it for some reason and your "return to home" feature isn't working, is there a way to stop flight before it may fly off to a potential unsafe area to fly. I realize this would just be a last resort and your Phamtom would probably be destroyed, but that would be better than damaging someone else's property. I assume the answer is no, but I'm not certain.

You can try switching to ATTI mode to sidestep some causes of flyaways, but if your Phantom truly is ignoring your control input then nothing you do with the transmitter will matter. It is possible to set absolute flight range limits in the NAZA, those will only work in GPS mode though...and are not guaranteed to stop all flyaways.

Re: "Kill" switch on the Phantom?

Problem is if you can send it a "kill" command that means you are still on control. You could buy a 12v car accessory remote switch and wire it between the main battery and dji. Then if it takes off you press the button and turn it into a falling rock.

Reactions: NWYeti

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl