Ken Heron claims RID is cancelled

Ken is wrong. It's not going to be cancelled. Expect an announcement from the FAA at Comm UAV Expo next week.

Ken is wrong. It's not going to be cancelled. Expect an announcement from the FAA at Comm UAV Expo next week.
On FAA matters I usually get my advice from, oh let me see....the FAA? They told us it was coming in 2019, the finally set a date, but did we listen? No. I ordered a beacon 4 months ago. Now all the procrastinators are whining they can't get one in time.

Well boo hoo.

In Ken's defense, he stated the START of RID was cancelled/delayed, not that RID itself was cancelled. The FAA announcement of the delay of the Start of RID at Comm UAV Expo next week will confirm what Ken actually stated.

On FAA matters I usually get my advice from, oh let me see....the FAA? They told us it was coming in 2019, the finally set a date, but did we listen? No. I ordered a beacon 4 months ago. Now all the procrastinators are whining they can't get one in time.

Well boo hoo.
They won't need one on September 16th.

S
In Ken's defense, he stated the START of RID was cancelled/delayed, not that RID itself was cancelled. The FAA announcement of the delay of the Start of RID at Comm UAV Expo next week will confirm what Ken actually stated.
So the FAA will announce a delay next week but you already know that?

Do you speak for the FAA, did they authorize your use of their seal?

S

So the FAA will announce a delay next week but you already know that?

Do you speak for the FAA, did they authorize your use of their seal?
I already referred to Ken's video as the source, which you choose to ignore. The FAA speaks for themselves, and will shortly. There are several other independent posts online that confirm Ken's information, about the delay, including this screenshot. All will be clear before September 16th.

IMG_2131.png

Reactions: Oso

Well boo hoo.
A big part of the issue is that most of the RID modules are on back order. Remember they are being purchased not only by drone owners but also any RC pilots that have a need as well.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
A big part of the issue is that most of the RID modules are on back order. Remember they are being purchased not only by drone owners but also any RC pilots that have a need as well.

I already referred to Ken's video as the source, which you choose to ignore. The FAA speaks for themselves, and will shortly. There are several other independent posts online that confirm Ken's information, about the delay, including this screenshot. All will be clear before September 16th.

View attachment 125466
And I already told you I choose to get my info directly from the FAA, not some schmuck with a video.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, not everyone here is a grownup, like you. I read someone here asking for an extension to 1/1/24. And you know what will happen on 1/1/24? "Not yet!! We need more time.":tearsofjoy: Whaaa!

And I already told you I choose to get my info directly from the FAA, not some schmuck with a video.
Did it occur to you the "some schmuck with a video" Ken Heron (194,000 subscribers) might really have a reliable source within the FAA which he repeatedly referred to, which another "schmuck with a video" named 51 Drones (293,000 subscribers) has now endorsed as well?

Let's talk again next week, after the predicted official FAA "relief" and see how reliable the so called "schmucks with a video" were. Their professional reputations are on the line, too! These aren't just some random "kids with a drone" and a YouTube channel. Between them, they have almost 500,000 subscribers, and their two videos have a combined 60,000+ views in the last three days.

IMG_2363.jpeg

======

IMG_2364.jpeg

Last edited:
Did it occur to you the "some schmuck with a video" Ken Heron (194,000 subscribers) might really have a reliable source within the FAA which he repeatedly referred to, which another "schmuck with a video" named 51 Drones (293,000 subscribers) has now endorsed as well?

Let's talk again next week, after the predicted official FAA "relief" and see how reliable the so called "schmucks with a video" were. Their professional reputations are on the line, too! These aren't just some random "kids with a drone" and a YouTube channel. Between them, they have almost 500,000 subscribers, and their two videos have a combined 60,000+ views in the last three days.

View attachment 125467
======

View attachment 125469
Any schmuck with a drone can create a You Tube channel.
"Their professional reputations are on the line, too!" LOL. What reputation? Herron's only reputation is as a clown.
"Between them, they have almost 500,000 subscribers." Taylor Swift has more than that but I don't take my advice from her, either. You must be very young, to be so easily impressed by You Tube "influencers."

Reactions: bwheelz05
Any schmuck with a drone can create a You Tube channel.
"Their professional reputations are on the line, too!" LOL. What reputation? Herron's only reputation is as a clown.
"Between them, they have almost 500,000 subscribers." Taylor Swift has more than that but I don't take my advice from her, either. You must be very young, to be so easily impressed by You Tube "influencers."
Is Greg Reverdiau from Pilot Institute also a "schmuck" to you?
Maybe this will convince you. The logic is overwhelming!
Must be nice to one of the 3% who have already received their module!

Last edited:
Is Greg Reverdiau from Pilot Institute also a "schmuck" to you?
Maybe this will convince you. The logic is overwhelming!
Must be nice to one of the 3% who have already received their module!

Still not getting the point, are you? I don't get my FAA information from you tube guessers, but from the FAA. And yes, if you post a video speculating and misleading others, you are a schmuck.

Reactions: bwheelz05
Still not getting the point, are you? I don't get my FAA information from you tube guessers, but from the FAA. And yes, if you post a video speculating and misleading others, you are a schmuck.
The only point I am getting from you is gloating that you already have received your RID unit, while the other 97% of those that have ordered and want them can't get them, so you want them all grounded on September 16th, so you can be the only one flying!

Show some empathy for your fellow drone pilots!
Either way, whether you like it or not, the September 16th deadline is no longer set in stone. It's moving. Ken Heron says so. HAH!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z