Keep losing video feed

Reaction score
I have a P3S (a year with almost 1 million feet), fly three batteries and use an Insignia Flex 7.85 pad (android), Recently I have been having issues with signal loss especially on the video feed side but it is so random-It can happen right from the start, I shut everything down and restart it and it's fine for an entire battery, then does it again. it can happen in mid-flight, and has on occasion restored itself in mid-flight too. Either there is no image at all, or the image gets choppy, then freezes, no rhyme or reason to it. The other weird thing is it still records video unless I restart the app, even if I have no downlink. I have had instances where there is no telemetry information but I still have control of the bird, so I'm not overly concerned yet-but it is strange, in all the time I had this it has not done this and now seems almost normal. I installed a Argtek back in May or June and have flown a lot since installed and range was noticibly better, but I do not push it-I usually keep it under 1000 feet out and rarely over 300 feet high. The area I fly in is very open but it does have a decent amount of wifi, always has since I've gone there. I check my Hover app before I fly and pay particular attention to KP, and always top batteries off prior to take off. I'm starting to suspect there is a problem with the device, like something on the android running in the background but I don't know a lot about androids (pc guy), and think the next time I fly I might try using my iphone 5 just to see if that has anything to do with this...I also might open the remote and check the connections to the video antennae but I kind of doubt that is the issue since it is so random.

Any and all suggestions welcome and appreciated, this has never been crashed and has been pretty much flawless in all the time I've had it, until recently. I've looked at records on Healthy drones and can see it loses contact or indicates a poor connection randomly. I have glanced at the screen and seen a red bar that says 'poor connection' or something like that but I tend to look at the bird when flying and not the screen and it happens then disappears quickly.

I've been using the insignia flex elite since at least march of 2016 with virtually no issues until at least early-mid november 2016, and it is so random that I'm not convinced that the pad is the issue but I am going to go back to flying with my iphone 5s for the near future to rule that out.

Seems strange since I use three batteries-they all are at full charge when I fly, I easily get 17-19 minutes to 30% battery at which point I land. Either they are erratic in feed quality or flawless, so whatever it is I think it might be related to the interface of the remote to the tablet. I did notice that sometimes my battery on the tablet can drain really fast, like down to 10% or less. (I always leave with 100% charge indicated) and other times, I can fly all three batteries and use maybe 40% total charge on the android (60% left). I'm going to open the case to the remote and check connections first to the video antennas then maybe fly one battery with the insignia-if I have any issues I'm going to switch to the iphone.

Does anyone know to to fix a no RC signal. I have a P3S and when I fly over 120feet it says weak signal then cuts out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have a P3S (a year with almost 1 million feet), fly three batteries and use an Insignia Flex 7.85 pad (android), Recently I have been having issues with signal loss especially on the video feed side but it is so random-It can happen right from the start, I shut everything down and restart it and it's fine for an entire battery, then does it again. it can happen in mid-flight, and has on occasion restored itself in mid-flight too. Either there is no image at all, or the image gets choppy, then freezes, no rhyme or reason to it. The other weird thing is it still records video unless I restart the app, even if I have no downlink. I have had instances where there is no telemetry information but I still have control of the bird, so I'm not overly concerned yet-but it is strange, in all the time I had this it has not done this and now seems almost normal. I installed a Argtek back in May or June and have flown a lot since installed and range was noticibly better, but I do not push it-I usually keep it under 1000 feet out and rarely over 300 feet high. The area I fly in is very open but it does have a decent amount of wifi, always has since I've gone there. I check my Hover app before I fly and pay particular attention to KP, and always top batteries off prior to take off. I'm starting to suspect there is a problem with the device, like something on the android running in the background but I don't know a lot about androids (pc guy), and think the next time I fly I might try using my iphone 5 just to see if that has anything to do with this...I also might open the remote and check the connections to the video antennae but I kind of doubt that is the issue since it is so random.

Any and all suggestions welcome and appreciated, this has never been crashed and has been pretty much flawless in all the time I've had it, until recently. I've looked at records on Healthy drones and can see it loses contact or indicates a poor connection randomly. I have glanced at the screen and seen a red bar that says 'poor connection' or something like that but I tend to look at the bird when flying and not the screen and it happens then disappears quickly.

I was having a similar problem and was able to fix it by turning off local cache of video. I have a Samsung tab4 and it apparently couldn't keep up. Once I turned off video caching my video stopped disconnecting. Worth a try.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic