Just received P3 -Packed like &€%#

Reaction score
My P3 arrived today, wedged in a cardboard carton with the sides bulged out. One piece of bubblewrap laying on top.

Opened it up and the clear plastic clip that is supposed to secure the camera/gimbal was loose in the box.

Waiting on a call back from B&H on when a new, properly packed P3 will be available. I worked for UPS years ago and know how packages get battered.

Is it common for the protective clip to be knocked loose in shipping? Hate to wait for a replacement but $1259 is worth decent packing. This may as well been pre-crashed.

Thoughts? Bummin right now.

My gimbal lock was off too. Freaked me out a bit, but it seems to work just fine.

Pics?

1431634007613.jpg 1431634077853.jpg As per request

Check for any physical damage, if none, then get it going and ensure it initializes OK on power up.
Too bad this happens, but, it should be OK.

I received my P3A in a box that was to big with no bubble wrap inside it, to prevent it from banging side to side. And like the rest, the gimbal lock was off.
I considered returning it but held off after I tested the bird and all seemed okay.

What's warranty coverage like on these? If I have a walking wounded unit don't want to get hosed down the road.

Got mine from Drone Nerds, delivered on time, nicely packed and the guard was still in place.

Depending on backlog, this may go back to B&H and will order from someone who can pack. B&H used to be top notch, but the last few things I ordered are getting Amazon-like (not good) in terms of packing.

I don't see any damage to the Phantom box?

The Phantom box is wedged into the cardboard shipping box. I can hold the shipping box upside down and shake it and the P3 box will not fall out. That means all shock on the shipping box goes straight to the P3 box, and everything inside gets the shake n bake. Ask anyone who has worked at a UPS sorting facility about the tender loving packages get ;)

The gimbel clip is presumably there for a reason. If it is knocked off, it can't do its job.

My P3 arrived today, wedged in a cardboard carton with the sides bulged out. One piece of bubblewrap laying on top.

Opened it up and the clear plastic clip that is supposed to secure the camera/gimbal was loose in the box.

Just opened mine and the gimbal clamp was off. It looks like the foam camera shipping wedge separates the parts so the clamp doesn't have any friction to stay in place.

Haven't tried to start mine yet, but my first thought was that nobody would believe me if it were broken in shipping.

The charger was bulging in its box with the flap partly open. The children who assemble these toys must have short attention spans during packing lessons.

Mine came with the lock rattling loose in the box, too. Funny the people who make these birds don't know how properly secure the lock!

Unless there is visible damage I'd charge it up and give it a whirl.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic