Just got Talked to by the COPS!!!!

Regardless the state or country look up your local definitions of"Terroristic Threatening", "Interfering With Government Operations", "Disorderly Conduct" and "Menacing".
Those are the confinable statutes that local law enforcement is most likely to use against you. They are catch all charges when what you are doing does not really fall under a specific law.
Most other possible generic charges are "Warrant Cases" that require the "Victim" to go "Downtown" and swear to file charges. 99% of these so called victims never do a thing after venting to a police officer.

Electric Warrior said:
That would probably be the sensible thing to do in my country, and we don't have many people carrying guns to inflame any incident. ;) I may be wrong, but get the impression that people tend to be much more confrontational in the USA (I'm sorry if that is a bit of a generalisation, blame the TV programme we import from you). :)

I know when I was stationed in Germany back in the early 90's, germans used to joke that americans are the most sue happy people they had ever seen. I know it hasn't gotten better, if anything its even worse here now. I mean, you have kids who are being taught if your parents punished you then you can go claim child abuse. I was butt slapped when I was a kid if I misbehaved, never abused & I realize there are a few who did go too far.
So, we have people who think if you say something they don't like they can sue you. Another case here locally.. we are fighting a llc that wants to turn a agri area into a public venue, one of the neighbors went on the radio to speak against it, after he said his piece the host invited him back in a couple days with others to further expand on it. His response.. "I don't want people saying nasty things to me so I'll now wait for the county hearing". ????? :eek: :roll: :roll: :shock:
This is a guy who claims to be ex military & a retired county (out of the area) cop & he's worried someone might say something nasty to him on a radio station?? (Its controlled by the FCC & has a time delay for callers)

So yes, americans in particular are quite confrontational, compared to brits & such. Not as bad as some of the latin countries but more so than many European countries. :lol:

Wow, those 11 pages were a fun and interesting read. I don't own a Phantom yet and therefor have not considered the many different views, opinions and variables that have been presented. The good 'take away' I have is that when I do finally get my quad I am going to be far more cautious than I would have been prior to reading through. I was ready to take to the skies around my small community, but now I'm thinking twice - as I can clearly see this may not be such a good idea without a few cautionary measures in place. Some strong opinions in this thread, which made it a joy to read.

Cheers!

MIkey if you're in a small community i suggest holding an info night at the community centre and let people know who you are what your phantom is and what you intend to use it for. If anyone has any concerns you will know who's area to avoid.
That way if they have a problem in the future they will be much more likely to talk to you about it rather than ring the police.

Ozzyguy said:
MIkey if you're in a small community i suggest holding an info night at the community centre and let people know who you are what your phantom is and what you intend to use it for. If anyone has any concerns you will know who's area to avoid.
That way if they have a problem in the future they will be much more likely to talk to you about it rather than ring the police.
Wrong! All that did for me is to give the nuts more information. Had I not done the "sharing" thing they'd have had no idea who was flying or where the pilot was and so would have no target to aim their narrow minded carping ways at.

twodips said:
Ozzyguy said:
Wrong! All that did for me is to give the nuts more information. Had I not done the "sharing" thing they'd have had no idea who was flying or where the pilot was and so would have no target to aim their narrow minded carping ways at.

I don't think I'm going to do the info share night, although an action like that has great intentions, I believe it would just stir up more trouble than its worth. After considering many different things, I think I may just do very limited flying in around people's residences. The park however I will be flying at and could care less if some are offended (I truly believe most people won't be, and the rare cases we hear about are just that.. rare). I can see how people would like a little respect for privacy at their home and yard, and that much I can give them. I can't wait to get my phantom though, getting really excited for that first flight.

mikey said:
twodips said:
Ozzyguy said:

I don't think I'm going to do the info share night, although an action like that has great intentions, I believe it would just stir up more trouble than its worth. After considering many different things, I think I may just do very limited flying in around people's residences. The park however I will be flying at and could care less if some are offended (I truly believe most people won't be, and the rare cases we hear about are just that.. rare). I can see how people would like a little respect for privacy at their home and yard, and that much I can give them. I can't wait to get my phantom though, getting really excited for that first flight.
Smart choice! Now that the moron in Seattle has made a huge splash all over the news for hovering outside a ladies window I'm sure complaints will shoot up short term and some "feel good" legislator will introduce some over the top law to stop all us evil "drone" pilots. :x

twodips said:
Smart choice! Now that the moron in Seattle has made a huge splash all over the news for hovering outside a ladies window I'm sure complaints will shoot up short term and some "feel good" legislator will introduce some over the top law to stop all us evil "drone" pilots. :x

For make no mistake - If you fly a drone, you are evil. :twisted:

mikey said:
twodips said:

For make no mistake - If you fly a drone, you are evil. :twisted:
Well, more to the story in Seattle has emerged and now I must apologize to the pilots of said 'copters. :oops:
Evidently they were actually contract filming of a construction site and when their video was checked it had no images of said woman. So, to sum it up they had a reason to be there doing what they were doing and some woman had a fantasy that they would want to spy on her. Have you seen her? 'Nuff said...
But it sure did make a nice news splash didn't it?

Are you suggesting that the media fluffed up and sensationallized a story? Thats a long bow to draw. Surely they have no reason to misrepresent the facts!(He says. Tongue firmly in cheek)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31