Just got a P2 Vision and need battery advise

Reaction score
This is my first post and what a great forum.
A close friend of mine who races drones gave me his Phantom 2 vision & Controller, Range extender with the 2 stock batteries with the charger. He knew I was flying the smaller ones and surprised me. I've started flying it and one of the batteries doesn't hold a charge and dies after 2 mins. Some of the cells are damage. I have searched the forum and the internet for an aftermarket battery vs Stock DJI. I haven't found anything recent regarding batteries so I thought I'd reach out for some advise. I have read because of the firmware some battery won't work or won't trigger the 20% alarm. I am running all the current firmware 3.8 software along with Phantom 2 Vision Autopilot System 3.14. So I need some help in picking a new battery. If stock is better, so be it. I'm also dealing with the Android app crashing on my Note 4, so one thing at a time. Thank you in advance.

Reactions: dirkclod
Great friend ya got. Can't help ya on the androidwelcome to the forum .
I only use OEM battery's and as far as Android I can't help
Ya there as I use IOS.
Great friend .:)

Ya there as I use IOS.

Thanks for getting back to me. You buying straight from DJI or another source. Not sure who to buy from since they say its a DJI battery..... Also curious, would it be better to pick up a used iPad mini instead of using my Samsung? I'm thinking of upgrading my wife's 6 plus, so could steal that....

Thanks for getting back to me. You buying straight from DJI or another source. Not sure who to buy from since they say its a DJI battery..... Also curious, would it be better to pick up a used iPad mini instead of using my Samsung? I'm thinking of upgrading my wife's 6 plus, so could steal that....

Contact Dronefly in Thousand Oaks, CA. They may have a P2V battery. People on this form don't seem to have problems with their iApple equipment, whereas the some Samsung people do.

Reactions: dirkclod
Contact Dronefly in Thousand Oaks, CA. They may have a P2V battery. People on this form don't seem to have problems with their iApple equipment, whereas the some Samsung people do.
Thank you for the reply, funny its 4 minutes from where I work!!! I will check it out

Ya there as I use IOS.

I actually found these batteries on Amazon and so far they have been working pretty good. Getting decent time in the air and all my battery warning are working. I checked the cells and they are all even. So far so good. Amazon is great about returning stuff so lets hope I don't have to. Have gone through 4 charging cycles so far.

Amazon.com: Powerextra 2-Pack Bundle 11.1V 5200 mAh LiPo Intelligent Battery Repleacement for DJI Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision Plus - Upgraded: Electronics

I hope you all the best with them but I will only use OEM
battery's and they ain't.
I beleave in Amazon too but if one of those fail just hope
you are not in the air. They might replace the battery but
your bird...don't think so.
JMO

I hope you all the best with them but I will only use OEM
battery's and they ain't.
I beleave in Amazon too but if one of those fail just hope
you are not in the air. They might replace the battery but
your bird...don't think so.
JMO
Thank you and I do value your opinion and for the future where are you purchasing your batteries from. There are so many places out there that false advertise as stock factory batteries.

I normally get mine from Amazon but they do say OEM .
It's been awhile since I bought any P2 battery's and if I was going to get any now I would look in msingers signature
to find a place to order them. It didn't used to be so hard
finding them but now with the scammers .
I would trust any Authorized dealer.
I'm sure someone will chime in where they are getting theirs.
Now I have all I will ever use as with my P3's and finding
OEM battery's for the mavic isn't an issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4