Just got a Galaxy Tablet 4 to use with my P3A...a few questions...

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Well I had no intentions just yet of getting a tablet to use with my P3A, however a nearly new one came up for £35 in my local area so at that price I couldn't say no. Now I just have a few questions:

• Apart from the usual of deleting apps, what else can I do to ensure my Note 4 runs as smoothly as possible? I intend to use it only for flying and nothing else.
  • With the lack of a sim card slot but the tech specs stating that the tablet is equipped with GPS & Glonass, does this mean I can fly without a data plan in place in P-GPS mode or not?
  • Is it advisable to have only the essential apps loaded on the tablet?
Rhino.

You can wifi (at home) your tab4 with GO open. You can go to the area you will be flying in, zoom in and pan around, this will go into GO map cash and should be available in the area you fly with no wifi. Turn off all notifications and Google play auto update and all other auto update you may have . Delete all tumbnails and graphics on the tablet that you will not use (there's lots) to clear room in memory. My tab 4 has a card but is not used by GO. I also use a tab4 for flying only and so far all works very well. GPS and GNS works well, in bright outdoor you will need a sun shade apart from that with every thing not for flying deleted this tablet works well for the price.

Thanks for this.

Would you say that I am best keeping Litchi on my smartphone that has an internet connection and keeping the tablet for DJI Go?

Thanks for this.

Would you say that I am best keeping Litchi on my smartphone that has an internet connection and keeping the tablet for DJI Go?
You can keep both but don't have them both opened at same time. I've downloaded a app called shut app from play store and before I fly I hit that button and it shuts everything down and then I open whatever app I'm gonna fly with up. I always shut everything down with that app before I fly. If you have both open at same time you will have issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's surprising......... DJI recommend it, I have one and it works great. Could something else be causing the problems? Unfortunately, mine cost £70 rather than £35!

How strange. I ended up getting the NVIDIA Shield which is perfect.

Mine did go a bit "laggy" a week ago and I deleted the cache (or whatever..... not very technical on these things!) ........... it was something like 80mb....... and it seemed to sort the problem out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers