It's official phantom 4 advanced

Is OA rear and the sides that big a deal? Is 5.8 a deal breaker, really? I've never had a problem with 2.4 on my P3 and I don't particularly need any sensors. Years of flying without training wheels- now I need that, lol? I understand where it could be handy though, don't get me wrong. I think the P4A should be even more of a reduction than 150 bucks but for someone like me who hasn't made the leap yet to a P4P (or I2) this is a consideration. A 150 dollars less plus buying from an authorized dealer out of state to save tax would equal money to put to batteries or filters. Maybe even an antenna upgrade since it's still the 2.4 platform. I just never noticed a real need for 5.8 and I've flown in nothing but tricky environments. And then there's always the thought that maybe some hardware upgrades sneak in and actually make a P4A a better bird in that department- such as gimbal tweaks for the better. The P4A- hmmmm, scratch chin.

Last edited:
Does anyone know for sure if the aperture will be locked or unlocked??
I made a video about this announcement and found a video on the p4a page saying there will be f2.8 - f11 but there is text saying the camera has an optimised f2.8 lens?

I'm leaning towards it being locked to f2.8 myself to create a point of difference

This unboxing video seems to have the answer on the lens.

Reactions: AIRSPACE
SMiller - the DJI release states it's dual band

Nope, as has been mentioned multiple times in the thread the 5.8 GHz band is not included. Are you perhaps confusing 'dual band' GPS (GPS and GLONASS)? That is something entirely different.

From the DJI Phantom 4 FAQ:

What are the main differences between the Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Advanced?
The Phantom 4 Advanced inherits most of the functions of the Phantom 4 Pro. However, in order to increase affordability, unlike the Phantom 4 Pro the Phantom 4 Advanced does not have rear vision sensors and two infrared sensors in its FlightAutonomy system. Also, its remote controller does not support the 5.8 GHz frequency band and Tapfly Backward has been removed.

If you use it for mapping mines you don't need 5.8 or obstacle avoidance so it might be of interest for that work... just saying.

My P4 was stable all the time I had it, I had full confidence flying it, my p4p has not been a stable ride but hopefully the last update will be a good one, a P4 with the p4p camera should be nice, as for the 5.8 I have only had bad experiences with it in the two p4p's I have had 2.4 has been very good with no problems

So that leaves the person who doesn't own a phantom at the moment

I had to re-read this several times. There is someone who DOESN'T own a Phantom????

Wait, what?

;-)

Reactions: AIRSPACE
Phantom 4A comes with remote GL300C, P4A+ comes with the GL 300E, both fly with 2.4.
The 300C connects thru USB, the 300E connects thru the HDMI.
Is it possible to use the 300C for the P4P by selecting 2.4 in setting ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl