It happened

Reaction score
Long story short, I was flying above woods behind my house and starting descending to bring it home. Between talking to my son and yelling at dog, I wasn’t paying attention to how low I had fallen and struck several trees at 45 mph. Camera is completely missing, several cracks on shell, slightly bent, etc.

My question is, does DJI (or anybody else)repair these things or is it toast? Would it cost less to buy a new one?

Thanks.

Can you add a picture? There are places that repair physical damage, but it depends on how far gone it is . Sounds like it's likely a complete loss in your description, but tough to tell without a visual. If you need to replace the drone I'd be happy to chat about a discount for you to get back into the air. Just let us know.

My question is, does DJI (or anybody else)repair these things or is it toast?
You can find some repair shops here. You might be able to get a rough quote if you provide the shop with detailed photos.

Long story short, I was flying above woods behind my house and starting descending to bring it home. Between talking to my son and yelling at dog, I wasn’t paying attention to how low I had fallen and struck several trees at 45 mph. Camera is completely missing, several cracks on shell, slightly bent, etc.

My question is, does DJI (or anybody else)repair these things or is it toast? Would it cost less to buy a new one?

Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your crash. I crashed my P3S this past Friday while doing a Follow Mission. Underestimated how high the trees were and it hit a tree and fell to the ground from around 30m. I was very lucky. We have snow on the ground and the fall was likely cushioned by the snow (around 50cm deep) as the AC was upright, nose first in snow at about a 45º angle with props still spinning. Only damage was two broken props and a stuck IMU which I fixed by opening the shell and tapping on the accelerometer. It lived to fly again.

Good luck on your repair or replacement.

Chris

Reactions: Phantom2USA
My experience has shown that in the same circumstances, it's usually cheaper and with a lot less aggravation, to replace just the crashed drone and camera.
You already have a lot of the main items that come with a new P4, so you can get away with buying a nice used drone and camera only. Just my opinion.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I’ll look into all options and cost and take the best path forward.

My experience has been a little different. I crashed my P4 into some trees. Cracked nbothe the upper and lower plastic, receiving an error message on power up. One motor tilted till the prop was striking the body. Boxed it up sent it to DJI for repair expecting to get an estimate exceeding the price of a new one. Nope, $200.00. I paid it immediately and they repaired it and sent it back to me. It is in transit back to be right now, I wrecked it on Feb 14, shipped it out on the 15th and today is the 26th. Can’t complain about price or turn around.

I crashed mine and only had to replace two props.

That was a pretty soft landing falling between branches. I wish I was as lucky. I hit a pine at full speed. Lol.
I did get lucky with that one. I destroyed a P2V+ hitting trees at warp speed.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl