Is your 1080p video also too sharp?

Reaction score
Long story short: my Obsidian has no control over sharpness settings at 1080p. They're all the same.

Doesn't matter what style, FPS, PAL/NTSC, etc. they all do nothing, whatever Sharpness I set them to. Unfortunately the "nothing" setting seems to be Sharpness +2.

2.7k and 4k seems to work "fine", where fine means -2 is the only usable setting, as -3 looks like someone smeared vaseline on the lens and all the others are oversharp.

I've only got this Phantom recently, and I would imagine people would have noticed this before now, so has it changed in firmware 0509, and was it great before that, and/or has it improved in more recent firmwares or Apps?

If yours doesn't look like this, can you post examples and which fw and app version are you running? Maybe it's an iOS/Android thing (I'm on Android) and maybe the app 'forgets' to tell the camera what to do?

I don't know what it could be, but if you can spare a few minutes to watch this (select speed x2, and miss nothing) and you know yours looks better than this, then I'll happily upgrade to what you are using if it'll help. Unless it's to the latest fw, which seems to have "issues".

This is scaled up 400% to make it more obvious BTW, although it's hideously visible when viewing normally.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Seriously? Has no one noticed this before, or is this a recent phenomenon?

If there is a better fw and app combination to improve on this, I'd really like to know what it is.

Has anyone got any contrary examples in 1080p to show?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic