Is this gimbal any good ?

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a brand new to the world of UAV. I just flew my Phantom 1 for the first time yesterday.
Noemi looking for a gimbal but don't want to spend too much money at this stage. I've seen this one on amazon for not too much cash .....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phantom-Bru...1407016461&sr=8-2&keywords=Dji+phantom+gimbal

It comes from China or Far East judging by the poor English in the description. Question is, is it any good and will it work as advertised. Does anyone here use it ?

Many thanks,
Buzz

I've dealt with a similar gimbal in the past (Tarot T-2D) and it performs fairly well (aside from the frustrating assembly and wiring).. this one is no different and is used quite a lot (I've seen a few videos on YouTube here and there).

But IMO, I would check in with local shops first (like eBay or something) unless you don't mind waiting a while for it to ship. This seller appears to have a good track record though (about 744 ratings 4.8 star average, 2% lifetime negatives).

Buzzc150 said:
Hi. I'm a brand new to the world of UAV. I just flew my Phantom 1 for the first time yesterday.
Noemi looking for a gimbal but don't want to spend too much money at this stage. I've seen this one on amazon for not too much cash .....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Phantom-Bru...1407016461&sr=8-2&keywords=Dji+phantom+gimbal

It comes from China or Far East judging by the poor English in the description. Question is, is it any good and will it work as advertised. Does anyone here use it ?

Many thanks,
Buzz

I used it for about 40-50 flights and it worked well. It stopped working in the middle of a flight so chalked up to getting what I paid for. Good starter Gimbal for sure. I was using a GoPro 1 with it and it took a little work to get that operational. Learned a lot about gimbals using it.

I had either a very similar one or maybe even the exact same one, bought it on ebay. The gimbals worked perfectly.....but not the tilt control. No matter what I tried, could not get it to work. The software that they have you download didn't really work properly either. Ended up returning it. But if you can deal with no tilt control, then it's good enough- although I didn't have it long enough to see if it failed after long term use. Personally, I am going to spend the extra dough and buy a zenmuse...you do get what you pay for.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl