Is there anyone with Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 without the yaw drift problem?

The current or most recent firmware was beneficial(my opinion)in regards to the dreaded V2 yaw drift. I don’t believe they(DJI) have released any V2 updates lately and my thought is they won’t for a very long time. I’ll do some hunting to see if I can find the numbers.

The link takes you to a DJI forum which outlines a procedure which could possibly fix yaw drift issue. I was asking if you have tried this procedure.
And I’ll ask again. Did you read the number three and four posts of your link to the thread of that DJI forum?

I did! My bad, I though you were talking about THIS thread. In any case, I did read all the post and I understand the concern. However, they guy who did it, claims it fixed the issue. Neither I am saying that you should or should not try this.

Reactions: Starz
How's this relative to post #3 or #4?
I’ve got both a V1 and a V2. My v2 is less than a year old and was purchased from B&H. Thankfully I haven’t had any issues as of yet with the dreaded yaw drift. I’m on the .5200 firmware.

I’ve got both a V1 and a V2. My v2 is less than a year old and was purchased from B&H. Thankfully I haven’t had any issues as of yet with the dreaded yaw drift. I’m on the .5200 firmware.
Mine as well. Bought from B&H August 2021.

Hello
P4Pv2+, last firmware, no problem at all.

There may be some truth in the possibility that stray magnetism could be affecting the compass. Would not recommend degaussing with a permanent magnet or bulk ac device. But a small localized head degausser in the area of the compass module, could be worth a try. Sometimes troubleshooting is a process of elimination. Lol. Allen

Reactions: jpblcm
But it is true that the P4PV2' compass need calibration before each mission. Changing location and/or altitude, car trip, or even long walk in changing terrain always need recalibration before first flight. Compared to my Mavic Pro Platinum which never ask for.

That is not normal. I have never calibrated the compass, even out of the box. You shouldn't have to no matter how far you travel.

I’ve owned 4 P4P V2.0s and a P4P RTK which is based on the V2.0 platform. I have only experienced a mild case of the yaw issue with one of them, mild enough that I was able to work around it without too much issue although it did annoy me mightily.

As far as compass calibration goes, they were a mixed lot in that regard as have all of my DJI drones been. My very first P4P V2.0 was the best by far. I only recalibrate when the aircraft requests it and this one never did in the 18 months I owned it. Not once. It never exhibited any degradation of performance as a result that I could determine. There were times when I considered doing a calibration just for the sake of it but refrained and was never sorry. Sadly it met it’s end ditching into a mountain stream on the Lamington plateau (in my own defense I was busy falling down a waterfall at the time)

The second one I owned requested calibration every single time I flew it without fail. This was the one with slight yaw issues. Other than that it always performed as expected. The others request calibration from time to time as expected if I fly more than 50km from the last job or in areas with some anomaly just as you would expect.

Regards
Ari

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.