Is there any way......

Reaction score
... to "hack" the stock DJI firmware to get around the limitations imposed by DJI?

It's a shame they make somethings difficult (or worse, impossible) to do. For one thing, changing the flight speed on individual legs of a waypoint mission. Also, to not "bobble" when passing a waypoint that I've defined only for the purpose of changing altitude (no directional change at all).

For example, I'd like to define a mission that is a simple straight line around 150 yards long. Starting at point one, camera focused on a POI (just a few feet off the line of flight) and travel at 35 MPH along that straight line; all the while staying focused on the POI.

Then just as it passes the POI initiate a steep climb at the same speed still focused on the POI. Is this something that is do-able?? I've tried by setting an extra waypoint right at the POI to initiate the altitude change. But then you get the "bobble" I mentioned above, even though direction of flight does not change at all.

To clarify, my intent is to do a low altitude, high speed fly-by focused on myself, then finish with a 75 foot climb out while still focused on me.

FWIW, I'm using Litchi.

Help??

Boowho??

Have you tried setting your waypoints to curved instead of straight to see if it removes the bobble?

Have you tried Litchi? It's my app of choice for waypoints / POI.

Have you tried setting your waypoints to curved instead of straight to see if it removes the bobble?

I *think* I read somewhere that curved waypoints will not work with focus on POI option. Could be wrong, though.

I'll give that a try.

Boowho??

I *think* I read somewhere that curved waypoints will not work with focus on POI option. Could be wrong, though.

I'll give that a try.

Boowho??

You can use focus POI (both heading and gimbal) with curved waypoints in Litchi. What you can't do with curved waypoints is have the quad perform an action at a waypoint (stop, take a photo, etc.) The reason, I believe, is because the quad doesn't actually pass through the waypoint at any time.

You can use focus POI (both heading and gimbal) with curved waypoints in Litchi. What you can't do with curved waypoints is have the quad perform an action at a waypoint (stop, take a photo, etc.) The reason, I believe, is because the quad doesn't actually pass through the waypoint at any time.
The new Focus option in Litchi may be a good alternative too. It's worth the extra $4.99 IMO. The focus option allows you to pick a focus point (similar to POI) and fly manually and it will always focus on the spot you picked.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl