P4 Firmware Is the FNZ and GEO limits imposed by the latest, or later firmware upgrades?

Reaction score
My new Phantom 4 Pro V 2.0 is not showing any issues with NFZ or GEO's. It was built in June of 2018. I am wondering if I upgrade the firmware will these limits be included? If so, I will not upgrade firmware.

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Sorry OM. I don't have the V 2.0. Still using the old P4P+ here. So no answer I can give you.
Steve
KC5SAS
good on QRZ

Hey Steve. Good to hear from another ham. Lots of us on here it seems. Yeah, I am cautious at upgrading DJI firmware with all the horror stories posted about bricking their drones and losing capabilities. I really want to know if the GEO and NFZ limits are included in the firmware updates. With all the drone pilots on here I'd though someone would have replied by now. I fly only with Litchi waypoints (95% of the time) and my new Phantom will be pretty useless to me if I have to fly with DJI GO 4 only. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will reply.

What bands and modes do you operate? I check in to the MSPN at 1730 on 3.862 MHz usually and a little rag chewing on 75 and 160 but mostly use it for storm spotting on 2 meters. I enjoy CW some but I've let my code speed drop to around 12-15 wpm. Been listening to WWV on 1.803 MHz to try to rebuild my speed but still running slow.

So, thanks again for your reply. 73
Jim
WA5TEF

Well, I'm screwed because the P4P+ has the built in screen and I can't even use Litchi. I am currently researching the Yuneec H520 for our departments next purchase do to some issues we have found with DJI.

Yeah, DJI makes a good drone but if you have to deal with their customer service people you are screwed. They are absolutely the worst on the planet. I once thought about calling them to ask about the GEO and NFZ being in the firmware but based on previous calls to them, I would probably not believe them. I'll just wait on an accurate reply from the forum.

Jim
WA5TEF

You may find me around 20 or 40 during the day and then on 80 at night. I'm a semi-regular on the Eastern Regional Patriots Net in the evenings.
See-
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I log most of my DX on my QRZ logbook. That will give you a good idea where I hang. I tend to bounce around and spin the dial and listen a lot. If I hear something interesting I'll key up. One day you may hear me on SOUTHCARS and another day you may hear me check into the SATERN or Maritime Mobile nets.

Reactions: wa5tef
Good activity there. It would be good to get a net or group that featured drones. There would be lots of discussion available there. I just found a hack site that allows removal of nfz and geo's imposed by the firmware. I am considering trying it to see if it will fix my Litchi problem. It is only $35 for the download. Has all positive comments. It is NLD, for "No Limit Drones". might checks it out as it is supposed to increase all DJI's performance.

Jim
WA5TEF

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic