Is the any mercy for an aging man?

Reaction score
I was very strong. I worked extremely hard. I advanced to the top of any field that I was employed in. If someone had a question to ask they were told to come to me.
Getting older is a slow progression to death. I’m not as strong, can’t work hard and I have to rest, my sharp mind is slower to think and pick up on new things.

I wore out my hips and knees so I bought a drone. Everything is great and I love flying it. DJI comes out with firmware updates. I own a p4 and want to make sure I keep my warranty so I update. No problem. Things seem well, but little strange things start to happen. I start losing range as to where I can barely fly 200 ft, and my screen turns green and p4 does funny little jerks. 4 k is messing up so I fly in 2k. It just seems to be getting worse and I can’t see my screen and I hit a small twig. P4 falls 5 ft. I hold my P4 in my hands with a broken prop. Why. If I could only react quicker when something goes wrong. My fault or DJI. I lost my p3 to a long video lag, hit a tree and went into the water. DJI said it was my fault by giving me a big run around. I checked the DJI forum. They’re having the same problems. It’s real and the DJI moderator mistakenly admits they are working on it. They say, first try this, then do that but go to there first before you try that. It is mind boggling to me. I just want to fly my P4. If I could, I would go back to an earlier firmware. Who cares. Not DJI. There is a real problem. It will cost DJI, so they are not going to admit to anything. To get them to do something is like trying to get a politician to do something. Just keep leading the people on till they get tired. I would give it all up gladly if I could go hiking, caving or work in my garden again. Those are great stress relievers. I’m venting. Is there a button somewhere I can push? Ne razumijem,

I feel your pain, WV. Getting old sucks and I've had both knees replaced in a single surgery. Inside I'm still 17, but my container is now 64. It must be God's idea of a joke -- but I'm not laughing.

DJI's terrible consumer support record affects all ages. It's the communist Chinese manufacturing culture at the bottom of it. You might just consider an alternate US manufacturer that may have a better consumer support track record for your next drone. Don't let DJI stop you from enjoying this outlet. They aren't the only game in town.

I was very strong. I worked extremely hard. I advanced to the top of any field that I was employed in. If someone had a question to ask they were told to come to me.
Getting older is a slow progression to death. I’m not as strong, can’t work hard and I have to rest, my sharp mind is slower to think and pick up on new things.

I wore out my hips and knees so I bought a drone. Everything is great and I love flying it. DJI comes out with firmware updates. I own a p4 and want to make sure I keep my warranty so I update. No problem. Things seem well, but little strange things start to happen. I start losing range as to where I can barely fly 200 ft, and my screen turns green and p4 does funny little jerks. 4 k is messing up so I fly in 2k. It just seems to be getting worse and I can’t see my screen and I hit a small twig. P4 falls 5 ft. I hold my P4 in my hands with a broken prop. Why. If I could only react quicker when something goes wrong. My fault or DJI. I lost my p3 to a long video lag, hit a tree and went into the water. DJI said it was my fault by giving me a big run around. I checked the DJI forum. They’re having the same problems. It’s real and the DJI moderator mistakenly admits they are working on it. They say, first try this, then do that but go to there first before you try that. It is mind boggling to me. I just want to fly my P4. If I could, I would go back to an earlier firmware. Who cares. Not DJI. There is a real problem. It will cost DJI, so they are not going to admit to anything. To get them to do something is like trying to get a politician to do something. Just keep leading the people on till they get tired. I would give it all up gladly if I could go hiking, caving or work in my garden again. Those are great stress relievers. I’m venting. Is there a button somewhere I can push? Ne razumijem,
Yep take care out there,yes i tryed to update yesterday and got a locked drone ,managed to unlock again but now bit concerned no test flight yet in open,i know gps speed has gone because wind nearly blew it back into me ,sport mode in me backyard just to go forward,that sucs,,i like to be updated but never again am i touching firmware,should only have to do this once or twice in its life ,not a update every couple weeks,thats a joke,,well time to get the p3 out again,p4 has been contaminated

Yep, it is a bummer getting older,....but hey...at least we have cool toys to play with.

Like many, I have not updated firmware on both my P3S’s for over TWO years. The same with the GoApp. Very old version. But both the birds fly perfect, great range well out of VLOS distances and no GeoFencing garbage.

Updates may work for most, but I’ll stick with my ‘antique’ firmware and not update unless the bird won’t fly.

Like they say,....”If it ain’t broke.......”

And OP, we are all just big kids anyway. Refuse to grow up!! [emoji12]

I’m not tecty anymore. Is there a simple way to download an older version? I just want to fly my p4 normally. DJI is screwing my p4 and if I wreck it , they’ll say it’s mu fault.

Reactions: KentA
Yep take care out there,yes i tryed to update yesterday and got a locked drone ,managed to unlock again but now bit concerned no test flight yet in open,i know gps speed has gone because wind nearly blew it back into me ,sport mode in me backyard just to go forward,that sucs,,i like to be updated but never again am i touching firmware,should only have to do this once or twice in its life ,not a update every couple weeks,thats a joke,,well time to get the p3 out again,p4 has been contaminated
Did you have any joy with finding a computer to download Assist2 and check the FW on your AC? You should be be able to see what FW you are running and also be given the option to update. When that's done, connect up your remote to your tablet, power it on and if the locked message pops up, tap that to see if it takes you to the update RC FW page. That's how it worked for me when I got the continuous disconnected message when trying to update.

Did you have any joy with finding a computer to download Assist2 and check the FW on your AC? You should be be able to see what FW you are running and also be given the option to update. When that's done, connect up your remote to your tablet, power it on and if the locked message pops up, tap that to see if it takes you to the update RC FW page. That's how it worked for me when I got the continuous disconnected message when trying to update.
Now I know where to start.
I will definitely check into it. Thank you.

Now I know where to start.
I will definitely check into it. Thank you.
If you are still getting the dreaded green screen and video lag issues, it my be either your device not coping with the extra bloated code ware with the app and FW updates or you can check your transmission settings. If you into the app, into HD settings and lower your transmission setting to 4 Mbps. While you're there, select custom channel to find a clean inteference one and select that. You need to be powered up and connected to see those settings and make them stick.
I was going relate my aging story but I've got nothing on you or some of the other posters.....
Anyday above ground is a good day.

If you are still getting the dreaded green screen and video lag issues, it my be either your device not coping with the extra bloated code ware with the app and FW updates or you can check your transmission settings. If you into the app, into HD settings and lower your transmission setting to 4 Mbps. While you're there, select custom channel to find a clean inteference one and select that. You need to be powered up and connected to see those settings and make them stick.
I was going relate my aging story but I've got nothing on you or some of the other posters.....
Anyday above ground is a good day.
Will do, thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor