is Litchi a good app for someone who just likes to fly

Reaction score
Read up about litchi being a good app, but i only mostly fly freestyle and take videos, is litchi mostly for advanced planning etc. or is it an ovevrall good app to use ? thanks

For absent-minded drone fliers like me, Litchi is superior to any DJIGo offering because Lichi automatically starts recording every flight at takeoff, and stops recording upon landing. Anyone who has used DJIGo for a period of time will recall a few instances when they clean forgot to start recording when they launched their drone, and thus missed filming opportunities.

When it comes to autopilot flights, Litchi is hands-down the most versatile and reliable package available. Flying my trusty old Phantom 3 Standard and my venerable Mavic Pro, my flight log shows a nominal 124 hours of fully autonomous Litchi flights, 80% of whose time aloft was well beyond the reach of the RC controller because such beyond visual range flying is permissible in my remote location.

To derive the distance covered during those 124 hours, multiplication by the cruise speed of 17.9 miles comes out to 2,219 miles all under Litchi's control. I would only ever use DJIGo for making changes in camera settings and whatnot, but never for flying.

Finally, DJIGo pretty much forces users to download updates that may restrict drone range and flight parameters, while Litchi never even makes reference to updates. Litch all the way for me.

1647627613341.jpeg

Read up about litchi being a good app, but i only mostly fly freestyle and take videos, is litchi mostly for advanced planning etc. or is it an ovevrall good app to use ? thanks
For your kind of flying, Litchi doesn't offer any advantage.
Litchi's forte is in programmed autonomous flight.

Finally, DJIGo pretty much forces users to download updates that may restrict drone range and flight parameters, while Litchi never even makes reference to updates.
There's no truth to that at all.
If you think that DJI Go 4 forced an update on you, it's because you had auto-updating enabled in your phone or tablet settings.

Reactions: Billie Nelson
There's no truth to that at all.
If you think that DJI Go 4 forced an update on you, it's because you had auto-updating enabled in your phone or tablet settings.

Ah, I see. This clarification is appreciated, Meta4. I now understand my perception that updates were "an offer I couldn't refuse" was not a true picture of the update situation with DJIGo. Having used DJIGo only a handful of times before switching to Litchi, I concede that my knowledge of the DJI go app is somewhat limited.

For absent-minded drone fliers like me, Litchi is superior to any DJIGo offering because Lichi automatically starts recording every flight at takeoff, and stops recording upon landing. Anyone who has used DJIGo for a period of time will recall a few instances when they clean forgot to start recording when they launched their drone, and thus missed filming opportunities.

When it comes to autopilot flights, Litchi is hands-down the most versatile and reliable package available. Flying my trusty old Phantom 3 Standard and my venerable Mavic Pro, my flight log shows a nominal 124 hours of fully autonomous Litchi flights, 80% of whose time aloft was well beyond the reach of the RC controller because such beyond visual range flying is permissible in my remote location.

To derive the distance covered during those 124 hours, multiplication by the cruise speed of 17.9 miles comes out to 2,219 miles all under Litchi's control. I would only ever use DJIGo for making changes in camera settings and whatnot, but never for flying.

Finally, DJIGo pretty much forces users to download updates that may restrict drone range and flight parameters, while Litchi never even makes reference to updates. Litch all the way for me.

View attachment 123730
Totally agree with Billie on this. Simpler, smoother, quicker and rock solid.

View attachment 123730
DJI GO 4 never forced me to update anything. I can always “ignore.”

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4