Is it stolen

Reaction score
If you're going to buy a used phantom is there a way to see if it's stolen before you buy it?

That will work IF it has the required numbers on it but i think i remember a admin or mod here saying the FAA would not disclose that info. Other then that...You could see IF the owner has a bill of sale for it...that should be kept for warranty work.
Good Luck on your future purchase.

They said the p 4 + was a gift no receipt so it makes me nervous 400.00
Never flown!
Who’s they? Link to ad?
There is a person that advertises on Craigslist in my area just TRYING to reel someone in with a p4p plus for 400.00
He’s (?) been running that same type of ad for months. His reply is “Give me your email address and I’ll have my sister contact you.”
The last ad was his mother was the contact.
Probably will be his uncle next.
Happy fishing!

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
It was on eBay and I jumped on it covered by ebay! Then they wanted me to pay with eBay gift cards so I backed out. I was thinking about the next big deal I find and how to check to see if it was stolen and just information on checking deals out! Thanks

When you register as a drone pilot with the FAA, they do not ask for any identifying information about any of your drones. This is why you can use the same FA # on all of your drones.

When you register as a drone pilot with the FAA, they do not ask for any identifying information about any of your drones. This is why you can use the same FA # on all of your drones.
If you register as 336. In 107 each drone has it's unique number.

Reactions: LARA images
It is a scam! I seen one advertised for $400, I sent them a message, he said it was his sisters. then said they wanted to go through ebay. The ebay page was fake!

Reactions: trkr75
So far all good advise but I'd like to say if you're looking to take a short cut not wanting to invest the money then 1St you may be purchasing an areal lemon & or a stolen item. If you're skeptical stay away or risk it make the purchase. Best bet avoid all questions and buy online with a care package for your platform of choice. Personally I have made 3 purchases from others and began my decision based on appearance of the person made a full inspection of the drone and requested that a flight be made to observe performance. I discriminate with prejudice when my $$$$ is considered and have walked away twice.

Reactions: trcsmith
Lots of good advice thanks everybody sometimes good deals are the worst deals!
I backed out on the deal they wouldn't take PayPal!

Exact same scam is going on in Dallas. P4P+ for 400 w/extra battery on craiglist. Contact gets you the “Give me your email address and I’ll have my sister contact you.”
I found an ebayer that has the exact same pictures as in craiglist! Either they are the same group or one of the two stole pictures from the other.

Reactions: trcsmith
Same one I had emailed back last year, had nice pic of drone w/4 batteries case. But the location was there down fall it just happened to be the same area I was in. Several times they said had to use sister. When I agreed to buy I wanted to meet at local police parking lot. They disappeared, poof just like that.

I've checked cregs list in several different cities and states and that add is all over
the place! Guess I'll get one local or buy a refurbish unit thanks guy's!

I actually sent Craigslist a note about the scam artist, and somehow, the
ad magically disappeared! I don’t remember the phone number that was being used, but I’m guessing it’s the same one across the country.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3