Is a Phantom really worth it?

Phantom 4's will be obsolete in the next 6-8 months. Just as the 3's are now. IMO, from the years of being around here, the 3's are the most stable of all the Phantom series. Not saying that the 4's are not an excellent aircraft, but it has it's flaws. I would do very extensive research in to the Pro's and Con's of what to purchase. The built in screens are not that advantageous IMO. Yes they may be flashy at first, but there are still issues with whichever way you go. Choose wisely my friend.
It really just depends on what you want it for. The Phantom 4 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro Plus are not toys. These drones are ultimately high end machines designed for professions like engineers, photographers, law enforcement, search and rescue and the such. Yes, my friend, the P4P and P4P+ are most definitely worth the money if you are serious about top of the line camera work, quadcopter reliability and obstacle sensors.

The Phantom 4 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro Plus are not toys.
None of the Phantom series are.

Yes, my friend, the P4P and P4P+ are most definitely worth the money if you are serious about top of the line camera work
True

quadcopter reliability
True

obstacle sensors.
This one is "iffy" IMO. When they function properly, they do what they are designed to do. But they do have issues with lighting conditions in order to function as they should.

Other than those above, as mentioned, it is all what you what you are wanting to do with the aircraft.

[QUOTE="Andrew32, post: Is it really worth the price tag?[/QUOTE]

Depends on what your goals are. My goal was to purchase the best camera I could in the $1k range, and I'm very very happy with the image and video quality. 20MP raw images fit nicely with my photo workflow.

I picked up my P4 Standard for $510 used with an extra battery, extra props, and a backpack. It arrived in nearly new condition and flies like a dream. I'm a beginner and just a hobbyist, but I love this amazing little machine. It may not be a toy, but it's just as much fun as one.

Reactions: LARA images
Hi everyone. After checking my account after a long wait i now have just over 1k sitting about not doing a whole lot. I've wanted a phantom for a while, and after seeing the stabilisation of the Phantom 4 and the new touchscreen on the pro+ i'm really tempted to get one. Is it really worth the price tag though, or should i avoid t for now and at least wait for the price to drop?
I've had a P1 and now a P3. They were both good investments for me. The only problems I've had were my own doing. I can't remember one issue that was the 'copter's fault.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Thanks very much to all of you for your input, i wasn't expecting so much in return. I recently won an ebay auction for a 4 pro plus (built in screen) as others said keeping phones and tablets out the situation is a major benefit. I've flown a few times and its incredibly easy to fly, i have much more confidence over my older drones, being racing ones and offbrand style phantoms. Here's some photos too, biggest issue for me being near to heathrow is finding places without obstruction, I've got a few places on list though to see soon. Loving the hobby again, will also be headed to wales soon, can't wait to try out the tracking features on my car in the middle of nowhere
Phantom chertsey.jpeg

Very nice! Enjoy the new drone.

Reactions: Andrew32
P4P and above. No questions about it.
I saw a deal on ALIBABA advertising P4P for $400.00 minimum order 2 They only accept bank transfers orders and bitcoin (i think)
If this is not a scam, it means that for $800.00 you have a primary and a back up or sell it on craigslist for $1,500.00 and buy two more.

P4P and above. No questions about it.
I saw a deal on ALIBABA advertising P4P for $400.00 minimum order 2 They only accept bank transfers orders and bitcoin (i think)
If this is not a scam, it means that for $800.00 you have a primary and a back up or sell it on craigslist for $1,500.00 and buy two more.
Had to check up on this, really intrigued in the grey colour option, recon he melted a standard and obsidian together?
Worried anyone has fallen for this...
Screenshot_20190727-173939.jpg

Screenshot_20190727-173951.jpg

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Seems there's a lot of folks who love their Phantoms. I'm throwing my hat in the ring on this too. I now have (2) Phantom 3 Standards, and a "new to me" Phantom 4 Pro V1 on the way. I'd really like to have an M600, maybe even a Yuneec Typhoon, but budget doesn't allow for those just yet. The Phantom line is a very sturdy, and steady platform designed to be easily flown. P3S video/image quality are good, but nothing like the P3A and above. You'll be very happy with your choice, I believe.

Brad

It’s not a cost effective or cheap device. You certainly get what you paid for in any device and I recommend my phantom 4.
If you are into photography, the Phantoms above the 4 standard have so much more capabilities and a better camera to be much more creative. You are greatly limited in that aspect with the P4 standard. I love being able to use the benefits of those Phantoms to be more creative with my photography. Using those tools can be a great advantage to creative photography. If one doesn’t know how to use them, than the P4 standard is definitely the drone for them.
Even in regular photography I use my tri pod for most of my shots so I can be tac on. It is important to me and enables me to produce some great shots. I can say, I never shoot in auto because I am sculpting each and every shot.
Of course the bottom line is finances. I fly the P4 standard, unfortunately. LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl