Is a little moisture bad?

What we needed was Proof that we should Design A Wet Suit for any Mavic as I saw no reason for it.

This year we decided to to Video Tape the Phantom 4 Pro flying with the Mavic 2 Zoom behind it , just to show a completely diffferent Perspective of the Phantom 4 and the Wet Suit we Gear it up with.

Got the ZOOM poured a 16 ounce glass of water over the battery and got just a few drops of water in the Battery compartment. Not enough to cause any worry.

Took it out in the Pouring Rain for about 4 Minutes , Storm stopped , landed and opened the Battery and saw that more water had gotten into the battery.

This is not what we expected, realized that all the Concepts , seals and Pressure methods used on the Phantom 4 would work even better on the Mavic 2.

So its not about being IMPRESSED,

its about if you plan on doing anything in the Rain , you better have a Wet Suit and the Fact that we designed a clever way to close the Gaping Holes in the Mavic 2 and do it without hassle very very NICE.

Because I fly the products , I want the most Hassle free , no fuss Products I can design, and the Mavic 2 Wet Suit is another example of that.

As with the Phantom its not Water Proof , but we did everything we could to make as Water Resistant as possible and the Designs are awesome.

Someone said that the Mavic now looks like the Harrier Jet, very cool.

By the way: You might want to EDIT you post Bird

The vents are not any narrower , just DEEPER giving it that Harrier JET look at less than 1/2 of an ounce ,,,.

We cant wait for the Storms to Roll in , just to show had bad *** this Zoom is and if Water gets inside , most likely it will dry and live to fly again.

We dont have any doubts about that as we have the Phantom 4 Pro as our proof of concept as we continue to fly the black skys.

Phantomrain.org
coal

What we needed was Proof that we should Design A Wet Suit for any Mavic as I saw no reason for it.

This year we decided to to Video Tape the Phantom 4 Pro flying with the Mavic 2 Zoom behind it , just to show a completely diffferent Perspective of the Phantom 4 and the Wet Suit we Gear it up with.

Got the ZOOM poured a 16 ounce glass of water over the battery and got just a few drops of water in the Battery compartment. Not enough to cause any worry.

Took it out in the Pouring Rain for about 4 Minutes , Storm stopped , landed and opened the Battery and saw that more water had gotten into the battery.

This is not what we expected, realized that all the Concepts , seals and Pressure methods used on the Phantom 4 would work even better on the Mavic 2.

So its not about being IMPRESSED,

its about if you plan on doing anything in the Rain , you better have a Wet Suit and the Fact that we designed a clever way to close the Gaping Holes in the Mavic 2 and do it without hassle very very NICE.

Because I fly the products , I want the most Hassle free , no fuss Products I can design, and the Mavic 2 Wet Suit is another example of that.

As with the Phantom its not Water Proof , but we did everything we could to make as Water Resistant as possible and the Designs are awesome.

Someone said that the Mavic now looks like the Harrier Jet, very cool.

By the way: You might want to EDIT you post Bird

The vents are not any narrower , just DEEPER giving it that Harrier JET look at less than 1/2 of an ounce ,,,.

We cant wait for the Storms to Roll in , just to show had bad *** this Zoom is and if Water gets inside , most likely it will dry and live to fly again.

We dont have any doubts about that as we have the Phantom 4 Pro as our proof of concept as we continue to fly the black skys.

Phantomrain.org
coal
You might want to edit your post or at least keep up with your spin...

You said “Engineering marvel. lol
So if the water were to get past the first vent it will not get past the secondary vent inside as it was designed to be much narrower but without blocking air flow

You might want to edit your post or at least keep up with your spin...

You said “Engineering marvel. lol
So if the water were to get past the first vent it will not get past the secondary vent inside as it was designed to be much narrower but without blocking air flow

No not an edit:

But I will clarify the first layer goes directly over the vent, the second layer goes on top of it a little wider , which give the effect that it is narrower.

Rain falls from the top so if the first layer does not stop the water from getting the second layer should.

Its not a spin, but a method of Negotiating those vents that worked incredibly well on the Phantom 4 wet suits.

Thank you.

No not an edit:

But I will clarify the first layer goes directly over the vent, the second layer goes on top of it a little wider , which give the effect that it is narrower.

Rain falls from the top so if the first layer does not stop the water from getting the second layer should.

Its not a spin, but a method of Negotiating those vents that worked incredibly well on the Phantom 4 wet suits.

Thank you.
Thank your for clarifying.

There would seem to be a significant difference to vulnerability of the vents on the P4 and M2, particularity where the M2 is in forward flight.

It might prove to be of significant benefit to subject the wetsuits to independent ingress protection testing. You would likely meet IP52 or above (as you might know IP52 demonstrates protection from dust that might interfere with the operation of electronics and ingress of dripping water within a tilt angle of the device not exceeding 15%). Being able to reference an IP rating in the specifications would have to assist with consumer confidence and your ability to handle any claims of product failure.

Given the fact that you have openly informed those who have enquired that you don’t guarantee water won’t enter the drone an IP rating would add significant clarity.

Guys please don't bring the Mavic into this and you both know why .
This is the Phantom Forum and it's going to stay that way.
Now back On Topic Please
Coal you have a thread in Mavic on your suit so lets keep all Mavic discussions there.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Guys please don't bring the Mavic into this and you both know why .
This is the Phantom Forum and it's going to stay that way.
Now back On Topic Please
Coal you have a thread in Mavic on your suit so lets keep all Mavic discussions there.
Copy that......

To be as on topic as I can;

Flying in fog inland is very unlikely to cause any damage to your Mavic. This is simply because fog contains a very low amount of dissolved solids, it won’t create conductive paths that might compromise performance of the electronics and it will simply evaporate when the Mavic is returned to an area of low humidity.

The issue you may have is an argument with DJI about warranty service. The moisture detection indicators in your Mavic and battery are very sensitive and can be triggered (turn pink) with a condensation level that would fog a pair of glasses. It is reasonable to expect fog/mist might trigger them and DJI would argue the warranty is void. An argument you may well win but one you might prefer not to have the inconvenience of enduring.

Copy that......

To be as on topic as I can;

Flying in fog inland is very unlikely to cause any damage to your Mavic. This is simply because fog contains a very low amount of dissolved solids, it won’t create conductive paths that might compromise performance of the electronics and it will simply evaporate when the Mavic is returned to an area of low humidity.

The issue you may have is an argument with DJI about warranty service. The moisture detection indicators in your Mavic and battery are very sensitive and can be triggered (turn pink) with a condensation level that would fog a pair of glasses. It is reasonable to expect fog/mist might trigger them and DJI would argue the warranty is void. An argument you may well win but one you might prefer not to have the inconvenience of enduring.
Same with the Phantom? I assume they still have the detectors in them just like all phones

No not an edit:

Thank you.
So what will happen if my aircraft is damaged while using your product. Such as water getting into my battery and causing a crash? Shall I file a lawsuit? Or what actions will be taken?

So what will happen if my aircraft is damaged while using your product. Such as water getting into my battery and causing a crash? Shall I file a lawsuit? Or what actions will be taken?
Lawsuit against who??

You would only be feeding the lawyers.

If you read the faqs on the phantomrain website it’s very clearly stated they don’t guarantee water won’t get inside your phantom.

I have flown my P3S into fog a lot. It started to have issues with the gimbal, so I sent it to DJI in California. They said there was "water damage". No more fog flying for me.

Reactions: Maddy
I have flown my P3S into fog a lot. It started to have issues with the gimbal, so I sent it to DJI in California. They said there was "water damage". No more fog flying for me.
Now that is a solid answer with experience behind it!

Now that is a solid answer with experience behind it!
And there is the issue right there. The gimbal problem might have had nothing to do with the for exposure- DJI goes straight to the liquid ingress telltale indicators and if they have changed colour thats where they stop, try and put a line through your warranty. Its an easy out that Apple, Samsung, DJI and most others will jump on. Here is the thing, those indicators are super sensitive. 3M has stated that enough moisture in the air to for your glasses will set them off. DJI still needs to demonstrate that the issue you are claiming warranty for was directly caused by water.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20