iPhone 4s connection issues

Reaction score
I just purchased the Phantom Vision 2+, and from the get go had connection issues between the camera on the Phantom and the iPhone. It started out as an intermittent issue, where I would be flying fine and seeing clearly on my phone with a 1 second delay or so. The delay continued to get longer, and then the image froze and turned to black and white. The camera continued to record, but I was of course flying blind. This continued to happen over and over again after that. In order to get the camera back in sync, I had to literally shut everything down including the phone, RC, the rangefinder and the Phantom. It was so frustrating as every now and again, it would transmit just fine and I would get really excited about how cool this equipment is. Sadly, it progressed to the point complete failure. I used the DJI Vision app with all the updates etc. on not only my iPhone 4s, but my husband's iphone 4s and both our ipads. The exact same thing happened on each mobile device. I also went through the binding process multiple times to no avail.

I was unable to get any real help from the people I purchased from, or DJI, and am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Simple deduction would suggest an equipment failure in either the Phantom camera itself or the rangefinder.

Any thoughts out there??

I'm just guessing, but the 4s may be struggling to keep up with the video feed. You may have already tried this, but make sure your settings in the Vision app is for 15 frames per second. If it is, you might try reducing the resolution to 320 and see how it does. If you get a better result, then I'd suspect the phone. I have a 5s and it works fine, but I also have practically nothing installed on it beyond the basic OS.

That's another possiblity that some have run into - weather apps, 3rd party apps that constantly check for updates (like texting apps and such) may be grabbing memory. I've seen this on android devices. Another possiblility may be a shortage of open memory space, if you have a lot of data stored on the devices.

I have a Nexus tablet that I was able to get the app onto, but because it lacks hardware acceloration for video (software only) I'd expect it to really be huffing and puffing to handle the demands of the Vision app. I've seen similar behavior when watching movies on the Nexus 7, certain players lose sync between video and audio although others work fine.

I'm not an expert, but it seems that the Vision app is pretty demanding on the processor. You might try uninstalling an app or two that auto-updates and see if that helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20