iPad Mini 4 will not connect to DJI Go

Reaction score
Hi all. I need some help again please.

I have always used Android devices but I have just purchased a iPad Mini 4 - 128GB, WiFi & Cellular to use solely with my P3P and my soon to arrive (hopefully) Mavic Pro Platinum. I am new to all this IOS stuff and don't know what else I can try to solve this problem

I did search and found other posts regarding this issue I am having, but there is so many different bits of information, I am not sure how to proceed.

The Mini4 is new and after the set up, I downloaded DJI Go. However when I try to connect I just get this screen. I also downloaded DJI Go 4 (to be ready fro my MPP), but cannot move past this screen

I have tried RC, iPad then AC. Have tried RC, AC then iPad and also RC, AC then iPad. No luck.

My Versions are as follows:
RC 1.9.3
AC 1.11.20
DJI Go App: 3.1.22
IOS: 11.1.2 (15B202)

Thanks,
Michael

upload_2017-11-17_20-49-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-17_20-43-9.png
    upload_2017-11-17_20-43-9.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 530
First of all, be sure that the USB cable is Apple original or it is able to work in another phantom. I had a problem with a shorter cable I ordered because it was 20cm lenght. The add said that eas “Apple certified” and costed me 18$, but it never worked.
I have a Phantom4 and an iPad mini 4 128Gb, WiFi & cellular like yours since my first flights one year and a half ago. After more than 250 flights, I have not really learnt the order to connect iPad to the craft, and sometimes it does nothing. Im such cases, I have to switch off the components (AC first) and redo the operation in order to connect. I know for sure that the aircraft is the very last item to switch on, thus it only remains the order of connecting RC and DJI Go. This happened to me both with DJI Go and now with DJIGo 4. Anyway, I have always been able to finally connect everything by trying a couple of times the order of RC / iPad.

Instructions under “How to connect” button in your photo screen say the order should be: RC without tablet, AC and then mobile device connected to your RC. I do not know if this is for P3P and I would try that exactly. But again, try with another cable, just in case.
Good luck and good flights!

Reactions: Mxh666
Thanks for the info Javier. I too got the "Apple Certified" cable. Just hope it will be ok. It seems to be connecting ok now. So fingers cross.

Thanks again.

the USB port on the hand controller is also a bit dodgy and gets baggy and loose.

Glad to see that things go better. [emoji3]
As with many electronic gadgets, I hope that once working for the first time, it will be OK later.

Thanks all. Tried it again last night and this morning and it seems to be connecting straight away. Unlike my Galaxy Tab A which I had to restart several times just to get it it connect.
I have not flown with it yet as pretty windy here.
Thanks again for everyone's help.
Michael

I too use a mini 4 best thing l ever did , it’s fast and leaves those proxy tablets for dead .. l use a spiral bound after market cable no worries at all ..

Thanks all. Tried it again last night and this morning and it seems to be connecting straight away. Unlike my Galaxy Tab A which I had to restart several times just to get it it connect.
I have not flown with it yet as pretty windy here.
Thanks again for everyone's help.
Michael
Wow, wish I had read this first! Having issues with my iPad Pro after an iOS update to 11.2.1, I went out and bought a cheap Galaxy Tab A 7 to use until they fix the issues with the iOS update. Well, I guess I can go through a few restarts as long as the Tab doesn’t crash while I’m using it. Do yourself a favor and don’t update your iOS on your mini 4 past 11.1.x or you will be having the same issues I was having!

Wow, wish I had read this first! Having issues with my iPad Pro after an iOS update to 11.2.1, I went out and bought a cheap Galaxy Tab A 7 to use until they fix the issues with the iOS update. Well, I guess I can go through a few restarts as long as the Tab doesn’t crash while I’m using it. Do yourself a favor and don’t update your iOS on your mini 4 past 11.1.x or you will be having the same issues I was having!
We have seen reported here and the P4 forum that updating from 11.1 to 11.2 is what has fixed issues and that is what a couple of the mods / approved vendors have been routinely recommending that people do - go to 11.2. It's so weird that going from 11.1 to 11.2 for you is what may have caused issues.

Yes, it is very strange. I tested it on 3 different devices (kept one at pre 11.2) and in every case the 11.2 update caused the app to to into timeout errors

Iam running 11.2.1 , l know there’s an update to .2 , but as it’s running great ille leave it where it is [emoji2] , l tried a tab 7 inch , lots of issues it’s just too slow , black and white feed . Glitchy . I took it back and coughed up the extra for the iPad 4 with cell ..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd