Ipad air 2 with Ottherbox

Reaction score
Got an extender for the full size Ipad so it would fit in the controller. It's really wobbly as I want to keep it in its Otterbox case and have just tried to use it that way. It has worked fairly well but I needed to somehow get the glare off the screen and make it easier to see/read, also. Got a Hoodman and did get it satisfactorily attached to the Ipad but I still have the original problem. The Otterbox is too thick to slide inside the mounting bracket clips on the controller. It's even more wobbly with the Hoodman attached to it. In fact, without some modification to some parts I may have to remove the Ipad from the Otterbox every time I want to use it with the P4P. If you have experience with the Otterbox protective case you already know what a PIA that is!!
Anyone else mount an Ipad with it's Otterbox case to the controller bracket and have it held securely?
Thanks!

Look for an aluminum mount on amazon
3007babef8c1ca2628d238ea2a5126ff.jpg

Reactions: mitchell.atheis
I did that and I think I may have found it but...I can't tell if it's being used with the Otterbox or if it's just a more solid way of mounting the large tablet onto the machine.
Could you include the URL so I can check this out more. Thanks

Thanks! That's the one I found but I can't tell if the Ipad has the Otterbox on it. I got this extender.
DJI Tablet Extender Mount for Inspire, Phantom 3, Phantom 4 Controller
U can see the lip to hold the Ipad at the top is too narrow. Also read on one of their ads that it fits the 'naked' Ipad.
I can see that the base mount will make it more steady on the controller but I think, even though stronger and more stable, the full size Ipad will not be held at the top.
Did I buy the wrong extender attachment?

Yeah I don't think that's gonna work with an otter box. But I know there's one out there,,,

Thanks! That's the one I found but I can't tell if the Ipad has the Otterbox on it. I got this extender.
DJI Tablet Extender Mount for Inspire, Phantom 3, Phantom 4 Controller
U can see the lip to hold the Ipad at the top is too narrow. Also read on one of their ads that it fits the 'naked' Ipad.
I can see that the base mount will make it more steady on the controller but I think, even though stronger and more stable, the full size Ipad will not be held at the top.
Did I buy the wrong extender attachment?
I was watching a video on YouTube earlier this evening. The guy had one of these he was using with the iPad air with the OtterBox. I didn't get a good look at the top part of it but it seemed to hold the tablet on nicely. I'll have to go through my recently watched to see if I can find it again.

UPDATE:Here it is...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72