Ipad air 2 sunshade

Reaction score
who has purchased a sunshade ?

if you did... what kind... did it fit? did it make your tablet fall off?

trying to figure out the best one to buy... but i would rather not buy one if its gonna make my ipad fall off while in use. I'm always running around while flying near pools etc.

I'm finding the iPad Air 2 to have much better visibility, with the Anti-Glare screen, while out in the bright sun light, than the iPad Mini 2 which I have exchanged it for. I tend to fly in the later afternoon too, so the Sun star doesn't bother me as much.

RedHotPoker

I'm finding the iPad Air 2 to have much better visibility, with the Anti-Glare screen, while out in the bright sun light, than the iPad Mini 2 which I have exchanged it for. I tend to fly in the later afternoon too, so the Sun star doesn't bother me as much.

RedHotPoker
Agreed. Same here on all accounts! I bought a dedicated iPad Air 2 just for the better visibility and snappier procesor, and use the Mini Retina for everything else. The golden hour is also the best time to shoot landscapes anyway. No glaring sun in the image, either, just after the sun sets. However, if shooting during the day, the Air 2 still excels! Consider getting the $30 Inspire metal tablet holder to replace the all plastic one on the P3, if you are still concerned about stability of the tablet with a sunshade attached. It was an essential upgrade for me, even without a sunshade. Much more robust! No more wobble!

Reactions: Flyboy
I have the 9.7 inch version of this shade:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261808442882

Nice shade, folds flat -- cheap price, and I had it within 10 days (I didn't pay for the expedited shipping).

I find that shades help, but it can still be really hard to see the screen on bright days (I have an original iPad Air).

I also bought the one that Izzydrone bought on eBay for $14.99. It's cheaper and I like it a lot better. I use iPad Air 2 and I can't see the Pad in the sunlight without the shade.

Agreed. Same here on all accounts! I bought a dedicated iPad Air 2 just for the better visibility and snappier procesor, and use the Mini Retina for everything else. The golden hour is also the best time to shoot landscapes anyway. No glaring sun in the image, either, just after the sun sets. However, if shooting during the day, the Air 2 still excels! Consider getting the $30 Inspire metal tablet holder to replace the all plastic one on the P3, if you are still concerned about stability of the tablet with a sunshade attached. It was an essential upgrade for me, even without a sunshade. Much more robust! No more wobble!

Agree 100% with this post. And the Inspire mount makes such a HUGE difference stabilizing the iPad Air 2. No wobble at all. Buy one and you will be glad you did!

I don't use a shade with my Air 2. Doesn't need it imo. My 1st gen, that was a different story.

I used to use a shade for my iPad Mini 2 because otherwise it was just a mirror when outdoors. Same for most tablets from what I've seen. Not so with the iPad Air 2. Once I switched over to the Air 2 when my Mini 2 could not handle the heat, I completely stopped using a shade. Its a naked Air 2 all the time for me, and I don't miss a shade at all.

Just curious. How effective was the sunshade for ipad Mini? And did you make a DIY or got yourself one?

Just curious. How effective was the sunshade for ipad Mini? And did you make a DIY or got yourself one?
I made one myself for the Mini 2. I just used an Amazon box, and lined the inside with black construction paper. I cut out a small hole for the cable, and was good to go. It worked very well, and I would probably still be using it if the Mini 2 could handle heat better.

Can you link what holder you are talking about
This is probably the most robust deal as well as having an assortment of colors
Free Shipping DJI Metal Iron CNC Mobile Device Holder for Phantom 3 or Inspire 1

s-l500.jpg

Got my iPad mini sunshade yesterday from eBay. Looks real pretty but seems the iPad isnt so secure anymore. Did a test over the couch and the iPad falls off easily. Seems the rc clamp is holding the sunshade and is narrower than the iPad and is keeping the iPad from "sticking" securely to the little suction cups. That being said I haven't had much time to play with it yet.

Does that one utilize the original screw where it attaches at the bottom? I see it shows a nice heavy hex one for the top of the mount... If it uses the original note that the DJI Inspire mount uses a larger diameter screw on the bottom mount, I think that is one of the reasons it makes the inspire one that much more stable than the original....

This is probably the most robust deal as well as having an assortment of colors
Free Shipping DJI Metal Iron CNC Mobile Device Holder for Phantom 3 or Inspire 1

View attachment 34662

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.