Inverting the P4 (Yes upside down)

As most have guessed I did this on a windy rainy un-flyable weekend. It was FCP using keyframed rotation/scale/position. Very easy to do but interesting results. I'll do a dolly zoom effect at some point. I also did this vid on a similar weekend using timelapse / hyperlapse appearance / Tilt-shift
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Simzy666
YES IT CAN!! Though DJI denies it happened, my Phantom 4 flipped over at about 200 feet and powered itself into the ground. I posted everywhere for weeks and no one could duplicate that maneuver. Even DJI could/would not comment on the fact that it happened to me. They did send me a new Phantom 4 but

YES IT CAN!!! Mine flipped over at 200 feet and powered into the ground, upside down. No apparent cause or outside force. DJI would not even comment on the fact that it happened. It was the usual "pilot error" but they sent me a new P4 but still would not discuss the crash. I posted on every forum I could find and no one could duplicate the flip over. DJI never acknowledged it either.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: RémyHeli
This behavior is called Flip Of Death (FOD). Without external factor. Extremely rare these days and not found any evidence with P4. Find examples showing typical behavior (with or without some 'alerts' before happening).

From outside (non DJI product)

DJI Wk-M Firmware 5.12a (old stuff)

Last edited:
I watched a video on Youtube of a guy with a Phantom 2 doing trick type flying with his drone. He made it do a flip in the air in Manual mode, not a quick flip like my little toy drone, more a loop da loop. He was using it doing rail slides and landing on a lightpole and stuff.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic