Invalid Battery on Phantom Vision..Advice needed.

Please forgive my lack of technical ability, to perform the upgrade completely we need to take tx apart ? Is this explained when pv connected to pc ? What is IOC ?
Many thanks

Naza like turns whatever is controlling the PV to show lights like the Phantom 1 and then give IOC control,

But in that has anyone tried this and what else does this then og give you on the new naza

anyone taken the top off one yet to see what naza is inside.. Is it the Naze V2 or a v1 still that has been re-worked

Just to add my maiden flight experience (to an unfortunately long list it would appear)of less than 2 minutes before the Phantom 2 Vision motors stopped, it turned over and went straight down and crashed. The after crash analysis (after one gets over the shock) is the battery. It was 96% charged at the start but was less than one LED light when it was recovered. That would explain why the fail safe didn't work (or anything else for that matter). In addition, the battery will not now charge....... I did notice that there was an invalid battery detected when using the Phantom 2 Assistant software prior to the that maiden flight...but thought of the similar error that occurs when doing an IMU recalibrate on the Phantom 1 that we have learned to ignore.....how can the Phantom 2 software detect an invalid battery, there is only one battery that will go in?

So in my case it is not the pins, it is not the software version (though that could be a later posting)...its is the battery. And with only one option that is scary.

So in my case it is not the pins, it is not the software version (though that could be a later posting)...its is the battery. And with only one option that is scary.[/quote]

So what do you think it was that caused it to fall out the sky.
How long had you been flying before the crash.

paramanch36 said:
So in my case it is not the pins, it is not the software version (though that could be a later posting)...its is the battery. And with only one option that is scary.

So what do you think it was that caused it to fall out the sky.
How long had you been flying before the crash.[/quote]

Basically, battery failure. The wifi connection was lost, the motors stopped, no fail safe could be initiated and it simply dropped out of the sky. That was less than 2 minutes into its maiden flight with a 96% charged battery at the start.

Well I updated EVERYTHING this morning .... all went pleasingly smoothly. I turned on IOC calibrated the compass and gingerly went down to the local park to give her her maiden flight.

Fired her up, and into the air she went, smooth as silk and holding position really well. I flew her round testing both course and home lock and they both worked flawlessly, time to hold my breath and give fail safe a go. I flicked the S1 switch to its lowest position engaging fail safe and a message popped up on my screen saying "Going Home". Up it went to about 20m and then slowly but surely returned to within a foot or so of where it took off and gently landed. Successful maiden flight !!

I took off again to film the local area but forgot I only had the original 4Gb card it came with in the camera, so not much video was recorded, but the small amount I have got is quite clear though a little shaky due to my novice flying skills.

Charging up the battery again tonight to hopefully do more flying tomorrow!!!

christianjou said:
Are you sure that you do not stop the engines ?? Throttle at 0, full down ?

drone-man

Yes very sure. Unfortunately, pilot error would be a nicer option than the current options running through my head regarding how confident I should or could be with a $1200 USD rogue. Also note that the battery went in at 96% and after two minutes of an easy maiden flight managed to either completely discharge or disconnect.

Pilot error would be much much nicer option....... and to make it really bad, I invited my wife along to watch.

christianjou said:
Are you sure that you do not stop the engines ?? Throttle at 0, full down ?

drone-man

Throttle at 0 full down doesn't stop the motors, except in Manual Mode.

No. You'd better read the manual... it cuts the engines. Try on the ground and you will see i am right....

drone-man

Since it's necessary to open the TX in order to connect to the micro USB connector to upgrade it, there is some risk of pulling on the internal wiring while holding the case open and possibly stretching or detaching them from their connections to the joysticks or printed circuit boards. One quick way to find out, is to reconnect the PV to your PC, turn on your TX, turn on your PV, and launch the Phantom Assistant software. If I remember correctly, one of the tabs allows you to view the joysticks and their control range. If you can see your joysticks move in PV Assistant, then I'd doublecheck operating procedures like the position of S1 and S2. If you do find one of wires broken, there are pictures of the inside of the TX elsewhere on this forum. I hope that helps.

iDrone

This is great news .. I've been held back to buy my vision, by this thread, after I decided this was the best option to buy (beside the battery failure). When I read the post, where the grease could do the trick, I was almost sold. But the firmware update = perfect timing :D

Soon a Phantom pilot :lol:

Ive got a PV on order, along with 2 spare batteries. I think it goes without saying that I'll probably put 2 full flights on all three batteries at a low altitude and fairly close in, just to be on the safe side.

Bill Higgins Jr.
Northrop Grumman
External Pilot

Help me! Got my vision on Friday and charged it up the evening sat morning had perfect flight. Felt so good. Charged again after battery cooled off and flew sat evening. Awesome again. Sunday morning...perfect conditions...all charged and ready to go. This time going to try going higher than the 40 ft. Or so on my first two flights. Within two minutes and ascending slowly at about 60 ft., without any input on the right stick, I heard an alarm noise. Looking at my phone I saw the battery was red in color but could not make out the percent charged due to the glare. The next second I looked up and it was like the motors on the left side quite. My $1200 most awesome toy plummeted to the ground in a continuous roll. Landing on a paved area totaled the Vision...camera ripped off, blades in pieces, the top and bottom pieces of the body separated at several locations, landing gear hardware ripped out of the body, what other unknown damage?....! What do I do? Really I'm just getting over the shock and feeling like I would wake up from a really bed dream the rest of the day.

Tracyflyer said:
Help me! Got my vision on Friday and charged it up the evening sat morning had perfect flight. Felt so good. Charged again after battery cooled off and flew sat evening. Awesome again. Sunday morning...perfect conditions...all charged and ready to go. This time going to try going higher than the 40 ft. Or so on my first two flights. Within two minutes and ascending slowly at about 60 ft., without any input on the right stick, I heard an alarm noise. Looking at my phone I saw the battery was red in color but could not make out the percent charged due to the glare. The next second I looked up and it was like the motors on the left side quite. My $1200 most awesome toy plummeted to the ground in a continuous roll. Landing on a paved area totaled the Vision...camera ripped off, blades in pieces, the top and bottom pieces of the body separated at several locations, landing gear hardware ripped out of the body, what other unknown damage?....! What do I do? Really I'm just getting over the shock and feeling like I would wake up from a really bed dream the rest of the day.

OMG, So sorry for your loss! If this was box stock, the only thing that makes that sound (if it sounded like a Klaxon alarm), is the dreaded "invalid battery" issue. This would initiate an emergency landing procedure. But in your case it sure sounds like that was accompanied with a secondary failure which caused loss of stability as well.

Did you see rapidly flashing red lights on the Vision?
Did you perform the compass calibration??

Hopefully the dealer can work with you,
Keep us posted!

Tracyflyer said:

Copy and paste you post and include it in the box and send it back to where you bought it and ask for an exchange!

@Tracyflyer

I'm in the process of exchanging my PV with DroneFly.com. Here's what I've found. The first thing you need to do is send an email to [email='[email protected]]'[email protected][/email]' or [email='[email protected]]'[email protected][/email]'. Explain to them what happened, mention the Invalid Battery issue and provide the dealer information from where you purchased it from. DJI will (should) respond within 48 hours giving you authorization to exchange your damaged PV for a new one. According to my conversations with DroneFly.com, the dealers need authorization from DJI before they can do anything. I just sent the authorization email to DroneFly.com, but have not heard back. I will post their reply when received. Good luck!

Has your dealer asked for a copy of the video of the crash?
...and yes this was bone stock out of the box and I performed all required start up procedures and calibration.

Man O Man. What an epidemic. Before downloading 1.05, I had no problems. After the download, I got the same message that everyone else is getting, invalid battery, not DJI, etc. There was another patch (not the RC) that I downloaded and that problem went away, at least for now.

Another problem popped up, I cannot get the Gps to aquire sats. Phantom flashes yellow and no green, after 15 minutes.

Wrote DJI, no response

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4