'Interlude' w/ model Tricia, first 60 fps/slow-mo film. NSFW

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Posting for feedback and sharing.

I typically always capture in UHD 4k, 24 FPS, but really wanted slow-mo capability for effect on this film, which on the P4 (first gen) meant shooting 1080p.

I noticed that at 60 FPS squeezed through 60 Mbit of data the image generally took a quality hit compared to most things I've shot.

One problem I encountered is getting smooth pans, especially since the frame rate I ended up using differed from shot to shot (i.e., between 40-70% speed, of 60 fps).

I'm not much of a video editing guru, but I did learn that using 'optical flow' as a frame blending method (in FCPX) seemed to yield a much less jagged background pan (as I did lots of circling the subject).

Any case, I thought it turned out decent for what it was. We only had about 40+ minutes of air time due to weather, so trying to get enough variety of aerial shots in that time was tough. I mostly just gave the model pre-flight instructions, and let her freestyle while trying to adapt in flight to what looked good on the monitor or what movements she created.

Any constructive criticism welcome, thanks!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Posting for feedback and sharing.

I typically always capture in UHD 4k, 24 FPS, but really wanted slow-mo capability for effect on this film, which on the P4 (first gen) meant shooting 1080p.

I noticed that at 60 FPS squeezed through 60 Mbit of data the image generally took a quality hit compared to most things I've shot.

One problem I encountered is getting smooth pans, especially since the frame rate I ended up using differed from shot to shot (i.e., between 40-70% speed, of 60 fps).

I'm not much of a video editing guru, but I did learn that using 'optical flow' as a frame blending method (in FCPX) seemed to yield a much less jagged background pan (as I did lots of circling the subject).

Any case, I thought it turned out decent for what it was. We only had about 40+ minutes of air time due to weather, so trying to get enough variety of aerial shots in that time was tough. I mostly just gave the model pre-flight instructions, and let her freestyle while trying to adapt in flight to what looked good on the monitor or what movements she created.

Any constructive criticism welcome, thanks!
I'm going to be honest. Hands down the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life. Lol come to Indiana and I'll buy you some coffee. Great Job man!

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Badgenes
Amazing videography. After watching another of your videos my wife wants to do same, but she says we won't be casting for talent lol

Ahhhh can't watch it as vimo wont let me. Is there a YouTube link?

Neon Euc

Absolutely gorgeous! And I don't just mean the model! To have such scenery to use the Phantom on must be nice. That is what the drone is made for! I love your other video with your wife, where you fly by her, thru some trees & open up to a beautiful valley below. Cant wait to see more!

Alex, your efforts shine. As shoots go, I know how pressed you can become to make the best of the time allowed, availability of the model and all things environmental to influence efficiency. A stellar job with the givens. As opinions go, I would have only one suggestion and that would be to use the human form as an element of the landscape to either echo or contrast the surroundings and integrate her shape and form by moving in closer. It could be her arm or combination of two staggered legs as she's lying down that mimic, say the cloud forms. You've optimized the purpose of shooting with a drone, pushed the limits of its capabilities, and inspired us all.
Thank you!

Really great work. Nice to see some Lower height stuff too. Very well done.
Re: optical flow in FCPX I used it all the time but read up that it's best for shots you're slowing down more than around 25%. Anything above that you might be better with frame blending.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic