interesting feature

Reaction score
Just wandering around the web looking at various quads and found this

http://www.rc711.com/shop/freexskyview- ... -8984.html

it says "Hover at last known position: Once the control signals from Radio control are lost, QuadCopter will hold its last know position and will hover at same altitude and GPS position. It will not return to home", This is the best feature to use if you are flying in an area with tall trees or flying inside a city."

it also has standard RTH function, but i do like the idea of hover at last known position.

crash1sttime said:
it says "Hover at last known position: Once the control signals from Radio control are lost, QuadCopter will hold its last know position and will hover at same altitude and GPS position. It will not return to home", This is the best feature to use if you are flying in an area with tall trees or flying inside a city."

I think if you are flying a tree-infested area it's better to set your home point at a safe altitude so that RTH gets home safely. In the areas I do most of my flying I definitely don't want my Phantom hovering until the battery fails. Here's just one example ...
DJI00602a-XL.jpg

C'mon... I see it right next ot the green tree palm type tree near the center of the photo. :lol:

N017RW said:
C'mon... I see it right next ot the green tree palm type tree near the center of the photo. :lol:

you've got better eye sight than me then mate, all i see is a forest.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik