Insurance ?????

Reaction score
Is there any insurance that will cover me and my quad if I hurt someone or damage property anywhere ?

Put your location in your profile.
If you join the AMA, you are covered for excess liability through their aviation insurance policy. (Excess liability means after your homeowners insurance pays any damages.)

Put your location in your profile.
If you join the AMA, you are covered for excess liability through their aviation insurance policy. (Excess liability means after your homeowners insurance pays any damages.)
I thought AMA insurance only applies to flying at an AMA approved flying field?

Reactions: trigger2010
I emailed ama the insurance applies anywhere you fly as long as you follow the guidelines listed on their website. .

Is it obligatory to have insurance for your drone in the same sense as you would for a motor car.
No. It's not mandatory like auto coverage. Of you own a home than chances are good you already have homeowners. If you rent than I'd highly recommend that you look into renters insurance. It's relatively inexpensive.

I spoke with allstate this week and they said they will not insure it under homeowners because it is a unmanned vehicle right or wrong idk but they said it is new area for them and at this time they cannot insure it

Is it obligatory to have insurance for your drone in the same sense as you would for a motor car.

No. I think in the UK, the weight limit above which it becomes mandatory is 20Kg. (That is the weight of the aircraft not the pilot :D).

Reactions: Milly
Just wanted too add my two cents... Spoke to my insurance company today. My P3P is covered for Liability (if I do damage). The limits are based on my Homeowners policy and Umbrella policy. Aircraft is not covered if lost or stolen. Non commercial use (hobby only). All that is fine for me right now..

I live in the USA.

Just wanted too add my two cents... Spoke to my insurance company today. My P3P is covered for Liability (if I do damage). The limits are based on my Homeowners policy and Umbrella policy. Aircraft is not covered if lost or stolen. Non commercial use (hobby only). All that is fine for me right now..

I live in the USA.
So any damage done to your phantom is covered under your policy?

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

No. Damage to my Phantom is my responsibility. My insurance company won't cover that. But if I crash into a car/house, etc and do bodily harm to someone else (God forbid) that the insurance company covers. I'm much less worried about the $1200 I paid for the P3P than I am for causing harm to someone else.

I need to check with my homeowners insurance.....interesting. I was planning to fly a little when I go to Long Beach, CA this coming weekend but found out they require a flyer to have AMA insurance in their city. Sucks!

No. Damage to my Phantom is my responsibility. My insurance company won't cover that. But if I crash into a car/house, etc and do bodily harm to someone else (God forbid) that the insurance company covers. I'm much less worried about the $1200 I paid for the P3P than I am for causing harm to someone else.
I always fly with insurance I belong to the bmfa in England and have extra cover as well just in case I think every one should have cover. Your being responsible :)

Reactions: DCE
Really? Wow! I live in CT and haven't heard about any special insurance requirements yet. But I only started flying this weekend!

AMA insurance is like $60 / year.. A part of your membership fee.
In Canada we need additional coverage amounting to $800+.. Depending on your accreditation, skill and flight time.
Happy flying!

Reactions: DCE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.